Glue tool confusion

I’m trying to join some adjoining events and can’t seem to manage to do it. I select the events using the select tool but the glue tool remains greyed out and is not usable.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

the glue tool should work as you have described. Select the events that you want to Copy and then press on Glue. You cannot glue Audio-Events at the moment.

Could you be a little more specific about the situation in which the glue tool does not work as you expect? A screenshot, for instance, would be a help to sort out whether the tool works as intended or whether you are experiencing a bug.

Kind regards,
Frieder

aah, I’m trying to glue audio events. Seems odd that this is not possible. Will this be fixed in an update?

Hi,

I can understand that it feels odd. Yes, the issue is scheduled for an update but I do not have any time frame for it at the moment.

Kind regards,
Frieder

Ok, cheers for the reply. In spite of its somewhat frustrating quirks I’m still having lots of fun with this app. Looking forward to it reaching its full potential!

Hi. Will the Glue option ever be available in Cubasis 3?
Creating multiple passes on any midi track requires glue to make it into one single midi track. Otherwise we can only see the last midi pass while other passes are hidden in unseen lanes.
Need to use the grayed out glue stick!
I create my rhythm track in multiple passes. Would like to be able to glue all of the passes and then cut and paste sections through the arrangment.
Don’t understand why this is a hidden, locked feature.

Hi @John_Murray,

Thanks for your message.

Given your workflow description, it sounds like you are referring to glueing several MIDI events into a single event, which already is possible (see the clip example below).

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars