Going back to an older version

Hi there. I searched but I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for and couldn’t find it in the manual either. It’s probably just me and my way of searching but I’m hoping that one of you geniuses can help me.

It appears that I’ve messed up the latest version of a song that I’m recording. Tracks aren’t lined up any more and it also looks like I’ve accidentally changed the BPM number.

What I’d really like to do is just retrieve an older version of my recording and just work with that. I know it must be possible but for the life of me, I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. Can any body show me the way? I think it might have something to do with the pool but since I’ve never had the need to use it, I’m baffled.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremykeys the eternally lost!

Looks like you double posted this topic. You can delete the other before someone posts to it. :wink:

Regardless… hopefully you have the auto save preference active. If you do, then you should have .bak files saved in the same folder where your project .cpr file is located. The .bak files are the backups of your project .cpr. So… close your project. Then use the Cubase>File>Open menu to find your project folder. You should see the .cpr file and (hopefully) a few .bak files. Click on the .bak file with the highest number to open the latest backup. Once it opens and it is the version you hope to find, make sure you do a “save as” to create another .cpr. I would add a suffix like R01 or something to distinguish the original .cpr from the new .cpr.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Yay! Thank you very much! You are a life saver! Once I had a version that I checked out that was fine, I also made note of the correct BPM. Once I reset it properly, everything fell into place. It’s a long progressive rock song with a lot of tracks. Next I’ll try and delete my oops, double posted!

Thanks Again!

I’m always going to mess things up and have more questions but as long as there are truly helpful people like you, the world will continue spinning in the correct direction and life will be good. At least in my little neck of the woods!

Jeremykeys, the almost but not quite yet senile! :wink:

Cool beans… Glad you figured it out. Have fun making music. :wink:

You know, I too have goofed up a few projects by accidentally changing the bpm. Now I always make note of the project bpm in the main stereo out notepad section. It is a bitch getting old. :laughing:

Regards. :sunglasses:

Oh I do indeed have fun playing music and I’m quite familiar with the “getting old” scenario. Born in '55.

You also keep on playing music. It’s what keeps us alive.

Jeremykeys