Going from 6.5 to 9.5

Hello,
I am planning on updating from 6.5 to 9.5

6.5 is installed on one laptop (macbook pro with os 10.6.8), however I would like to install 9.5 on a different(new) laptop (macbook pro with os 10.11)

Would i have to install 6.5 on the new laptop, or can I just straight away install 9.5 on the new machine, insert my dongle with the previous 6.5 key activated on it, and enter the new activation code that comes with the 9.5 download.

Also, on the steinberg website, can I just select the “Update from Cubase 4/5/6/6.5” while buying the update option even though I will be doing a fresh install on a new machine?

Awaiting some response. Thank you.

Yes and Yes

Hey there… Could you please specify what exactly you are agreeing with?

On both of your questions

What i meant was…

Would i have to:

A.) install 6.5 on the new laptop, and then install 9.5?

or

B.) can I just straight away install the 9.5 file on the new machine that i download after selecting the “update from 4/5/6/6.5” option on the steinberg website, insert my dongle with the previous 6.5 key activated on it, and enter the new activation code that comes with the 9.5 download?

Sorry, its my first cubase update in many years so i just want to be really sure before proceeding.

Hello,

if there was only two questions, then it would be fine, I guess.

No, You don´t have to install 6.5 on the new machine. Yes, you use your old dongle and activate your new cubase on it. It will work afterwards also for your old cubase. And Yes, you choose upgrade for buying the the new cubase 9 version, if that´s an option. You get the full version of cubase 9.5 pro as a download.

Best

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Much appreciated.

:blush: Sorry I was Reading on The mobile Phone, and didn’t read thoroughly

No worries :slight_smile: