GPO 5 / Aria Player does not show up in Dorico 4 (Apple Silicon Mac)

Hello, I just updated to Dorico 4.3.3 from Dorico 3.5 and my GPO 5 / Aria Player no longer appears in Dorico and I have not been able to make it work so far. I have a M1 Max MBP + macOS Ventura 13.1.
I tired the following steps:

1. Installed the latest Apple Silicon Aria Player from here and rebooted.
  2. Added the following to the vst2whitelist.txt in Dorico 4 application content:
ARIA Player VST
565354474152416172696120706C6179
ARIA Player VST Multi
565354474152616172696120706C6179
  1. Followed the instructions in this Steingberg Support page BUT there is no allowed and blocked lists in the VST-plugins settings in Dorico 4 preferences for me!!! (There is in Dorico 3.5!) See the attached photo

I am not sure why I don’t have those lists.

I have not been able to get it to work yet…Aria Player does not show up in the drop-down menu in my play mode

I am out of options now…please help me set up GPO 5 in Dorico 4.3.3

On native Apple Silicon we don’t support VST2 any more. But you could start Dorico in Rosetta mode, then it will still work.

Aria Player supposedly supports VST3.

I also tried opening Dorico 4 in Rosetta and it still does not show up in the VST rack.

Then please do in Dorico from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and attach the corresponding zip file to a reply here. Thanks

Here it is

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.4 MB)

Thanks for the data. According to what I see in the logs, Aria does get detected and it shall appear in the dropdown list under the Garritan vendor category. Can you please check again?

GPO5 won’t show in your Playback Template by default, unless you create or download a Playback Template for it. Dorico doesn’t come with knowledge of every conceivable sample library. But if you had one for 3.5, I think it should bring it over.

If you click on VST and MIDI, you should be able to add an instance of ARIA Player.

Screenshot

I have created some expression maps and templates for GPO5 here:

I’d recommend reading through the Version History PDF, to see all the changes that have been made since 3.5.

1 Like