Grace period 11 -> 12

I’m running Cubase Pro 10.5. If I now buy the upgrade to Cubase 11, would that allow me to get a free update to 12 due to the grace period?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You can buy the license anytime. The Activation license date is the important one. So if you buy it now, wait until Cubase 12 is out and then activate it, you will get Cubase 12 for sure.

I´ve pasted the information from Steinberg below. I’m just a bit uncertain if an upgrade within the grace period counts as a new license activation and warrants a free upgrade to version 12. I would like go get version 11 now but will hold off if I don’t get the free upgrade.

Due to the upcoming change to a new, more user-friendly license management system, the release of Cubase 12 will be postponed to 2022. The exact date has not been set yet. Nevertheless, the Grace Period for Cubase 12 already starts on November 10! **This means that as soon as Cubase 12 has been released, any Cubase 11 license activated after November 9, 2021 can be updated to the corresponding Cubase version (Cubase Pro 12, Cubase Artist 12 or Cubase Elements 12) for free. A license is considered activated when it has been downloaded via the eLicenser Control Center after entering a valid activation code and saved on a USB-eLicenser (Cubase Pro 11, Cubase Artist 11) or in a Soft-eLicenser on the hard disk (Cubase Elements 11). We will inform you about the technical details of the free Grace Period Update in due time.

Hi,

Thanks for the sharing. As written, the Grace Period started already, so if you activate any Cubase 11 license (it doesn’t matter, if it’s a Full license, or an update or upgrade), your license would become updated to Cubase 12, once the version is out.