Grafic export

I just took screenshots. I use a program called Greenshot which works pretty well.

The important thing is to grab exactly the image size that you want to use. Upscaling or downscaling typically produces artifacts.

okay. I would tend to make the original for the screenshot a bit larger than needed. Maybe that´s a good idea.

How to avoid the layout symbols in D2. Or is it possible to scale the page in the print section. Thx very much for your experience and manuals!!
Is it another manual than the online version in the help section? Mabe you have a link for us…

What is the main difference of XeLatex to Latex, Marc?

Correct. The first version of TeX was written back in 1978, and XeLaTeX is more or less the current “standard version.” Unlike its predecessors it can automatically use any font format that Apple or Microsoft support, Unicode characters for non-western languages, left-to-right and right-to-left typesetting if you want to mix say English with Arabic or Hebrew in a single document, etc, etc…

There are later versions (ConTeXt, LuaTeX, etc) with even more capabilities, but they are still “beta versions” that are not quite finished yet. XeLaTeX and its predecessor pdfLaTeX are probably the two most-used versions at present. (Like most software, there are a few niggling incompatibilities between them which mean the previous version isn’t going to die any time soon!)

LaTeX is the name of the input language that describes the layout and contents of your document - i.e. “what you actually type to create your document”. XeLaTeX (and its predecessors) is the program that generates the document (for example a PDF) from your input file(s).

FWIW I simply took snapshots of the screen with the mac solution cmd-alt-4, and include them in the document using \includegraphics{my_snapshot}[width=xcm] at the spots where Dan put them in his original guide.
As Rob has perfectly explained, the main benefit of XeLaTeX over older versions is the freedom in using your fonts.

lots of good experience and help here, thanks very much!!