GRAINS Free by STRING AUDIO - OUT NOW

Introducing GRAINS Free, a phenomenal tool brought to you by STRING AUDIO.

And guess what? It’s absolutely free!

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 16.08.56 PM

Built around the great new engine of Halion 7, GRAINS Free empowers you to manipulate your own samples using the remarkable grain synth engine of Halion 7.

Packed with advanced scripted functions such as pitch detection and sample length adjustment, GRAINS Free is an incredible instrument for composers and sound designers who are tired of relying on pre-cooked presets. Instead, they can now unleash their creativity, experiment with their own samples, and create their very own signature sound.

GRAINS Free is 100% compatible with the brand new, extraordinary, and completely FREE HALion Sonic 7.

While GRAINS Free is a remarkable tool for loading your own samples and creating your own sounds, it also comes preloaded with a selection of signature samples and presets crafted by STRING AUDIO’s renowned and award-winning sound designers!

4 Likes

Nice one, thanks for sharing :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you, Philippe! Congratulations on your outstanding work with HALion 7 and HALion Sonic 7. It’s truly an impressive upgrade!

1 Like

I spent a bit of time with this the other day. It is very sound-design orientated, making a bird recording sound like a sci-fi soundtrack (which is cool). Is there any way to start with an unwarped sample? It seems to trigger a sample range and then randomly flick back and foward through the time of the selected range. I also found it was doing a load of sonic processing on the samples I dropped in, even when turning off all the processing sections of the instrument. I used the INIT preset to start with before adding my sample.

Hello, thanks for your message.
If you mean if there is a way to play the sample you load “as it is” like a normal sampler, no that is not possible because this instrument is a “Grain Synth” not a sampler, and will always “granulate” the sample you load.

1 Like

The only processing is doing when you drop a sample is the “Pitch Detection” function, but you can turn it off with the switch right below the “Pitch detection” writing. If you upload very long samples or samples with a different pitch in it we suggest you turn the pitch detection function to the OFF position.
Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 06.30.35 AM

1 Like

No problems. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Where is the download located? I can’t find it anywhere…

Thanks

Hello.

GRAINS Free is not available anymore for the moment, we are working on an update, and it will be available again in the near future.
Join our mailing list to receive an email when it will be available again, and also to receive a FREE Omnisphere library.

Kindly be aware that the release information will exclusively be communicated via email, and it will not be published on our website.

Join here: STRING AUDIO