Graphics glitch in MIDI editor

Ever since 8.0.20 i’ve had an issue with the MIDI editor having a glitchy part at the bottom. It’s like it’s doubling up part of it. Moving my cursor over it makes parts of it disappear as shown below. To fix it I need to click restore down then maximise on the window which clears it.

Anyone else getting this issue?

I’m pretty sure I don’t get that glitch. Maybe something to do with your graphics card?

I know it sounds strange but it really could be your graphics card being underpowered as Bender-offender suggested. I remember having graphics issue with a dual monitor setup in cubase, and once I got a new graphics card they all went away. I believe C8 was a big graphics architecture change, especially for windows.

That doesn’t explain why it’s been fine for the last 7 months though.

Well, actually it might. Possibly your graphics card is going out? Or, possibly Cubase 8.0.20 is putting more strain on it than Cubase 8.0.10 did? I’m not saying this is 100% the reason, but it’s something you shouldn’t rule out. If you have a built in graphics card or another card you’re aren’t using, you could try testing this glitch using those. Then if you’re still having this glitch after testing other graphics cards you will know it’s something else.

I don’t have another card to try, but it is a gaming spec card so there should be no issue. If there was a fault with the card i’d be getting issues in graphics intense programs such as games, but i’m not. Only one window in Cubase.

Are you using multiple monitors? If so, have you dragged the key editor to the other monitor to see if the glitch still occurs?

Like I said, I don’t have this glitch and I think others don’t as well, so you’ll need to first try troubleshooting your own system before we can take additional steps to find what’s causing this. Do you have a friend whom you can borrow a different GFX card to test this? Or, if your finances allow it, purchase another card to test then return it when finished. It doesn’t even need to be a high-end card. Just something that is different.

Yeah I just tested it with my other monitor, and it’s not happening on that one.

Getting hold of another graphics card isn’t worth the trouble and i’m not prepared to spend £300 on a new card to fix this relatively minor issue. Hopefully the problem will disappear with the next update.

Great, glad you were able to figure it out. That’s a good thing :slight_smile:

Yeah, if it doesn’t interrupt your work all too much, then don’t worry about.

This happens to me on all configurations. I’ve tested single and double displays, I’ve tested my GTX970, my GTX750ti and my old GTX550ti, all with similar results. Also it’s the same on my laptops.