Greetings, salutations, and recommendations

Hi all,

Longtime analog musician, noob to the most modern DAWs.

Old Acid, Soundforge, and Vegas type programs are most of my experience level and unless I’m missing something, it seems from my searches that any beginner / “for Dummies” level tutorials are very rare for Nuendo 11.

Would really appreciate any beginner tutorial suggestions, and thanks!

Nuendo 11
M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49

Self built computer
CPU - Intel Core i9-11900K
GPU - GeForce RTX 3090 (ASUS ROG STRIX)
MB - Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme
RAM - 128 GB (G.SKILL TridentZ)
SSD - (3) 4TB M.2’s (Corsair MP600 CORE NVMe PCIe x4 Gen4)
PSU - 1200 W (Corsair CP-9020140-UK HX1200)

To get started, I would suggest watching the Cubase videos in the Steinberg Youtube channel. Nuendo is Cubase + many advanced features.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the reply!

That would solve a lot, but one last question if you (or someone else) doesn’t mind:

“Nuendo is Cubase + many advanced features”, tends to imply that everything will be the same between the two (commands, command paths, interfaces, etc.) except for Nuendo features lacking in Cubase.

If that is the case, then I could watch and use any Cubase videos on the Steignberg channel or anywhere else, which is good.

If they aren’t identical (besides Nuendo features Cubase lacks), can anyone share the most common / fundamental ways they differ?

I know I’ll see this myself as I go, but a forewarning would help reduce confusion as I do, thanks!

I’ve been working with Cubase for a long time and moved to Nuendo for film edit because it has a lot of specifically helpful tools for audio post in films.

The transition was as easy as all in Cubase is in the same place into Nuendo.
All tutorials for Cubase can be followed into Nuendo, but not all tutorials for Nuendo can be followed in Cubase.

Hope this helps,

It does, thank you so much Buyaicia!

I’m also scoring for a short film, and my project partner and I went with Nuendo for the same reasons. I’m now suffering through the task of sorting through all the free options for orchestra sets before giving thousands to Spitfire or Eastwest, hahaha.

Steinberg does have the Halion Symphonic Orchestra Vst instrument that I think is still very usable. You might check to make sure they offer it as Vst 3 as they will be phasing out Vst 2 plug-in support by the end of 2023 (I believe).

That’s for the tip JeramyMT

I just tried to buy that… it said “login failed” at checkout.

When trying to just fill in info manually, it said “that email already exists; try another or use your old account.”

The price also wasn’t affected by the Spring Sale “SPRING22” coupon.

Here I am in the forums and in my account everywhere else so it’s not a UN/PW issue.

Hope the product is less buggy than the experience trying to buy it. :frowning_face:

Sincere thanks for the suggestion though, it sounds great if they can get it together.