Groove Agent 5 bug

Hi all,
I’m reporting a bug here, because I was unable to find a proper way of opening a ticket and reporting this issue.

Short error description:
Individual instrument pad names are not displayed properly on the Pattern tab (when selecting a pattern pad).

Testing environment:
Windows 10 Pro x64,
Cubase Artist 10.5.12 Build 123 (Built on Feb 12 2020)
Groove Agent 5.0.20.207 [64 bit] (Aug 16 2019)

How to reproduce:

1. Start with an empty kit.
  2. Add a few samples to the individual instrument pads.
  3. Change to pattern pads, and select an empty pattern pad, and then go to the pattern tab to the right.
  4. You can see, that each pad in the list has its associated name displayed correctly based on the instrument pad name.
  5. Change back to instruments pad, add a few more samples to empty instrument pads or rename pads.
  6. Change back to the pattern pads, and select the pattern tab.
  7. You can see, that the newlyí added instrument pad names (or renamed ones) are incorrect, displaying their old names (or showing “…” as it was the previous name of empty pads)

Solution of error (from programmer perspective):
The error might occur because once pattern tab is selected under pattern pads, the list of individual pad names are generated. Once this is done, no matter what happens (rename instrument pad, or adding samples to empty pads), this generated list is not updated or rebuilt, so it’ll show the names that was valid at the time the instrument pad list was first generated.

Conclusion:
I think this is a very annoying problem, because it makes it impossible to make changes to your custom beat agent kit, without ruining your workspace thus making it hard to see through.

Worwora

Same bug.
It also comes with the stand alone version.

Testing environment:
Windows 10 Pro x64,
Cubase Pro 10.5.20 Build 179 (Built on May 05 2020)
Groove Agent 5.0.20.207 [64 bit] (Aug 16 2019)

can you make a gif using LICEcap?

I recorded it via OBS Studio instead and uploaded to youtube as a private video: Groove agent 5 bug (unlisted video) - YouTube

Hi worwora,
I’m able to reproduce it here. It’s now in our Defect-Tracking-System and listed as Bug-ID “GA-4944”.
I hope we can provide a fix for it soon.

Thanks for your report and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Gerrit Junge

Thank you!

Thank you!