Groove Agent 5 - So few styles not 4/4 signature

Hi,
Just purchased GA5 and I’m truly shocked and disappointed with how few styles are available that are not in 4/4 signature with the default instrument sets. Is modern music really this boring!

Can anyone tell me best expansion packs to purchase to access other time signatures…7/8, 5/4. 3/4, 6/8 etc. Shame I just missed the 50% off promotion.

Is there any other way of getting hold of or sharing patterns with GA5?

Thanks.

3 Likes

the simon phillips jazz expansion has a few that are non 4/4.

1 Like

Thanks. £68 for that one. I will download the demo but may have to wait for the next sale to purchase.

The Marco Minnemann expansion includes quite a few non 4/4 ones, though the pack is geared toward rock and metal.

if you get some Développement on rythme signature other than 4/4 let me now! having the same problem and I find some good stuff at DOD (drum on demand) pretty serious stuff there

1 Like

Yeah…agreed.
I came here looking for 10/8 and can’t even find 5/4… 7/8 and 7/4?
Is there a listing of which time signatures are available in each expansion pack?

1 Like

Well, I’ve just created a new studio after a 15-year hiatus, and just installed Groove Agent 5 today.
Sad to say that I also feel considerably let-down by the discovery that just about every bundled pattern is the boring/uninspiring 4/4. Having shelled-out just over £150 for this, I foolishly trusted to so much better from Steinberg.
Oh well… Lessons learned, so back to rolling my own.

totally agree. Would love more 3/4 and 6/8 patterns

1 Like

i’d also like more documentation on the patterns and kits eg. which kits have velocity layered samples and crash choking ready build in.