Groove Agent 5 - Unable to save kit

Hi Friends,
I can’t save a groove agent kit, I’m hoping someone can help. No matter how I choose the save option (right click, from arrow, save, save as, export etc) once I type in the kit name I choose ok and the window doesn’t go away it just stays there and no kit has been saved. Next to plugin name in the attributes section groove agent is highlighted red which seems bad but I don’t know why or how to stop it. I should point out this is also the case for groove agent stand alone.
I have already tried:

• Reinstalling GA5
  • Trashing user preferences.xml
  • Trashing defaults.xml

EDIT* I don’t know what I’ve done now but both my Maschine MK3 and Jam won’t trigger anything. All other non note buttons (CC commands, play stop open browser etc) work fine, controller script looks the same. Midi Monitor says the correct notes are coming through (C1, C#1 etc) and I can see signal on midi and instrument tracks. Blood hell, Im so deflated.

Please help.

It’s worse than I thought. I thought I;d try and see if I could save the whole channel GA is on as a preset and see what happens when I load something as a work around but these preset control windows behave the same way, you can type in text but hitting enter doesn’t do anything, they can’t be saved. I really need to know how to fix this soon.