Groove Agent has lost it's way

RR,

Have created a Profile and Account with ToonTracks now. My Avatar automatically appeared/uploaded so not sure how the hell that happened!? lol

Paul

Hi,

It says here that ToonTracks are having a big sale on at the moment :-

But does anyone know when this sale will expire please?

I have posted this question on the ToonTracks forum but am not sure how active or how much traffic it gets?

Cheers,

Paul

<Update - Please note that only the products marked with “sale” are included in the promotion. Promotion good from December 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015>

Hi,

Oh, I only just noticed this!

Paul

Hi,

The eBay shop sent me a non-DVD copy of EzD2, and no Promo-Code either for the Pop/Rock kit! I double-checked with them the details before making the purchase. So now I might have to open a ‘dispute’ because I paid them the money about 10 x days ago!

Paul

UPDATE :- The seller thought that Ez2D was a DVD until I reported the concern. The store spoke to ToonTracks who informed them that it has never been available as a hard copy (just a box with a 'product code). And the Pop/Rock kit freebie is downloaded via the website once you have activated Ez2D.

I just spoke to seller who offered me a refund (but I need to check with eBay in case I have to pay shipping costs to return the item [empty box!]). And then in turn purchase/download directly from the ToonTracks Shop. Not sure what the best decision to make is though? If I had known the eBay product was not a hard-copy, then I would have simply purchased the download version from ‘TT’ two weeks ago!

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

I will not be purchasing from MUSIC MATTERS (Preston, UK) again because they basically just referred me over to ‘ToonTracks’ to resolve the issue. However ‘ToonTracks’ sorted the matter out and issued me with a new download-activation-code within a couple of days and so I was impressed with their overall service. I only wish I had purchased from them originally!

‘ToonTracks’ also took the time and effort to answer many of my remaining product inquiry questions responding to each (with a personal reply) within 24 x hours. Some of the best customer service experience ever here! Interestingly, they were very honest about revealing the fact that company “SWEETWATER MUSIC” also had a SALE on in which some of the EzD2 products were slightly cheaper than in their own webshop. They also recommended SWEETWATER as being a very much trusted retailer.

Again, I received second to none EXCELLENT service from SWEETWATER ([thank you!] Josh) and they answered each and every question of mine in great detail. Upon my final decision to make such purchases, SWEETWATER invited me to SKPYE call them (I am based in UK) so that we could confirm the order and clear up any loose ends. BRILLIANT service guys, thank you!

And so, after much deliberation I have chosen to purchase :-

JAZZ, ELECTRONIC, LATIN and FUNK MASTER EX’s

SONGWRITERS DRUM PACK COLLECTION

ESSENTIAL DRUMS MIDI PACK COLLECTION 6

Thanks,

Paul

I second Sweetwater and also Time & Space in UK.

Redrum,

I have not heard a bad word against Sweetwater.

The salesman had excellent knowledge of the products because he owned some of ToonTracks software, and also he was a drummer himself.

Paul

I’ve just been demoing groove-agent 4 and ez drummer 2. I like them both. Groove agent 4 is a much deeper program. But I think that it’s great when you understand how to use it.
I also think that it sounds better than EZ-drummer 2. I tried a lot of different settings on both of them, and every time I preferred the sound of groove agent 4.
So sound vise it’s a good product. At least to me.

Hi Andras,

So do you think you will purchase GA4?

I did think it was well worth the money, but (eg. GUI) I did not feel it was for ‘me’.

Paul

To me it is the opposite. I find EZDrummer much deeper (at least for the time being) with all the different enclosed accuostic drumsets, very good expansions and MIDI grooves. It has also a more open philosophy, thus many others make grooves and drumsets that EZDrummer can play. Nobody else than Steinberg (so far) makes grooves that fully utilizes the GA software, although you can use General MIDI.

Sound wise I find GA completely unusable compared to EZDrummer. That is EZDrummer 2 (two). I have bought the full version of GA4 and played around a month with it. Wrote a new manual for it to remember how to use the strange GUI in connection with 3. party grooves.

It may be that the EDM part of GA4 is ok. I rarely use that.

For those of us that remember GA2 and 3, 4 is a huge dissapointment.

Support through Toontrack is heaven compared to Steinberg.

The main thing is however that one find something that one is comfortable with, no matter what it is called and no matter what the neighbours oppinion is.

Hi,

ToonTracks support (via email) is very good indeed). Replies within 24/48 x hours.

It is a bit of a shame though that the Forum does not attract more traffic. I have heard there is a dedicated FaceBook page, but that is something I would not use, personally.

Ta,

Paul

I’m not sure if I’ll buy it. I need to play with it some more. I have EZ-drummer 1, so upgrading is pretty cheap. I’ll have to judge which one fits my needs better.
Funny thing about the sound quality. But then again I only got a demo version of ezdrummer 2. It doesn’t contain all the drumsets, so I’m probably missing out on some of the good ones.

Hi,

I would think they give you enough to be able to judge/compare it against similar products. Plus there are tons of demonstrations videos on You Tube.

But if for have EzD1 then you should be familiar with all the fundamentals and basic concept etc.

Paul

Yeah I reckon that they have.
I’ve been demoing groove-agent and ezdrummer some more. I still think that groove agent 4 sounds better.
It’s a matter of taste. I guess

Hi,

Just to say I made some more purchases this week for my recent EZD2. The salesman Josh phoned me (UK) from the US to offer advice and pre-sales support. What a superb service indeed!

Anyway, I have ordered the two MONSTER MIDI packs (FILLS and ODD METERS), and also the CLASSIC EX and BLUES EX.

Have a nice little collection now to be going on with for a year or two…

I wanted to ask please, I have consequently now downloaded FIVE out of SIX of the “MIDI PACK 6” (Activation Codes) I purchased recently. Do you know if there is a TIME LIMIT (eg 28 x days) for making/downloading your choices? Or does the download time remain open?

Ta,

Paul

It ramains open in your user account after registration.

Hi RedRum,

Ok, thats great! So I can take my time and choose my final MIDI at leisure.

Best,

Paul

does anyone know of a good vst compressor i can use for cubase 7 AND iLok 2 compatible?

i have a brand new iLok 2 that I’ve never used and i want to use it if i can, instead of buying a eLicenser dongle…(there’s none available in australia)
i tried RND Portico trial, and iLok manager sees the iLok 2 but won’t recognise the act code. eLicenser accepts the code but does not recognise the iLok 2
I’ve been reading all day and i may have missed something
any help would be nice.
j

Might be better off posting this in a more relevant thread mate!

25 Euros: Jazz Essentials for Groove Agent | Steinberg