"Groove Agent ONE failed to locate 32 samples"

I just upgraded to cubase 7 and now I can’t find my files for Groove Agent from my cubase 6.5 projects. Where can I find them and how?
I get this message:
“Groove Agent ONE failed to locate 32 samples”

Was there ever a fix for this posted? I’m having the same problem after a clean install of Cubase 7.5. I’m also missing a lot of the “stock” presets on some of the VST Instruments included with Cubase 7.5 (other than Halion…Halion appears to be fine.

You need to let Media Bay rescan your file system

If you can see the file name of the sample GA1 can’t find:
copy the name and let win/ios search your file system
when you find the relevant folder with the missing samples; go back into media Bay and make sure this folder is included and re-scanned in Media Bay.

tried that
the problem is that its telling me its missing a file that dosent exist anywhere on the system because it is in fact found inside of one of the .vstsound archives if im correct, specifically groove agent one vstsound files…
i uninstalled the program, reinstalled everything, cubase 7->cubase 7.5 upgrade and it still wont load any groove agent one preset kits
frustrated!!

Please, any solution for this?

Cubase 7 user here, upgraded from Cubase Studio 4.
Running 32-bit exe on Windows 7 64-bit.

I have never used Groove Agent ONE but I just wanted to try it out today, and what do you know…
Failed to locate blablabla samples…

I have scanned my entire drive for them and I even tried “reinstall” Groove Agent One from the Cubase 7 installer.
Nothing helps.
If it fails during install, why won’t it tell me what fails? Obviously something fails since the samples don’t exist on my drive.

Hi y’all…
I’m facing the same problems…Everything was working fine until I updated to the latest version 7.5.20…Neither Groove Agent One nor Grove Agent SE could locate these files…
I have scanned the Media Bay as mentioned above but in vain…
Any Help?

I had to download the full Cubase installer and Halion SE DVD’s iso images and reinstal them from the iso images. It is working smooothly now, even after installing the 7.5.20 update.

Uninstall it first and then install the downloaded files(ISO)?
i.e
DVD 1 · Cubase 7.5.0 (ISO Image) Mac & Windows · 7.0 GB
DVD 2 · HALion Sonic SE 2 Content (ISO Image) Mac & Windows · 3.4 GB

Kash Meer,

I did not need to uninstall anything. Open both ISO images with an ISO reading software (Do not unzip the doenloaded files) and start installing fron DVD 1 Cubase 7.5.0. I am using an iMac. Are you using Win??

I did not need to uninstall anything. Open both ISO images with an ISO reading software (Do not unzip the doenloaded files) and start installing fron DVD 1 Cubase 7.5.0. I am using an iMac. Are you using Win??

Ok…files downloaded…im gonna mount the ISO and install it n get back to u…Yes im using Win :slight_smile: …and after installation is complete…install the 7.5.20 update?

Yes. After installation is complete, install the 7.5.20 update.

Hey Kennedy Ribeiro…mounted the ISOs and did the complete installation…the 7.5.20 was not neccessary as it was already installed it says…but groove agent one and SE are still not working…samples are missing!.. :frowning:
what should i do?

Didn’t work for me either.
I downloaded the 7.0.5 ISO and unpacked it into a folder so I could run the installer from there.
Ran it and uninstalled GrooveAgentONE content, then reinstalled it.
I checked the path where the content was installed.
All it does is create these files:

FCP_SMT_122_Groove_Agent_ONE_AM_Drums.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 01.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 02.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound

While of course GrooveAgentONE gives me a dialogue asking me to locate wav or aiff files.
This can never work. I have no idea why the hell it’s like that.
Totally useless. :angry:

The files you need are probably already on your computer and Cubase just doesn’t know it. I wrote a post about how to fix it a couple years back. (It must be a pretty common issue because that article gets almost 300 hits a month.)

EDIT: Also, the VSTSOUND files are archives; they contain other files. Even though you’re seeing complaints about individual samples, the WAVs it’s looking for are inside the VSTSOUNDS.

Hi UltimateOutsider …tried this the way u explained it there but there is no vst sound folder in the content folder…
(C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound)
Im on Win 8.1 x64
:wink:

Jesus…
OK I finally got that to work. After reading the instructions on your site I figured out how to get it to work, but oh my god, Steinberg…
Get your installation paths right, and please, when the program can’t find VSTSOUNDS files, for the love of god DON’T give me a dialogue asking me to locate WAV and AIFF files!!! :open_mouth:

But to explain how I did it on Windows 7 64-bit, running Cubase 7.0.7 in 32-bit mode:

I noticed when I reinstalled GrooveAgentONE content that it actually asked me for an install path, but there was a preset path that I didn’t change, which looked like this:

C:\Users\(my username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\Padshop

Padshop???

I changed it to

C:\Users\(my username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\GrooveAgentONE

and completed the installation.
After the installation was done I saw these files had been created in that folder:

FCP_SMT_122_Groove_Agent_ONE_AM_Drums.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 01.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 02.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound

I was just taking a chance with the naming and of course it still didn’t work.

I then copied those files to the parent directory only, as described on the website above:

C:\Users\(my username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\

And that did it!

So, it was installed at the AAAALMOST correct path by default, but not quite, and GrooveAgentONE refuses to scan subdirectories and won’t let you look for the actual filetype that it can’t find… I’d call that triple fail.

I also assume the corresponding problem with Halion can be solved in a similar way, i.e. copy everything from the subfolders of “VST Sound” (or wherever on your computer those files end up) directory and into the “VST Sound” directory directly.

I’m still trying to get my head around why anyone would implement something like this, but hey, at least I can actually try this thing out now, though I have a NI Maschine Mikro Mk2 in the mail because I got fed up with this.

Thanks UltimateOutsider and BOOO Steinberg.

Thanks Peter M…its all working good now for me too…but should i copy and paste these files or cut and paste?

I bet it makes no difference whether you leave them or remove them.
As long as you have them directly in the VST Sound folder it should work.
I deleted mine from the subfolder since they aren’t found/used anyway, so you could cut (if you like to call it that) or move or whatever.
Good to hear it solved the problems for someone else :slight_smile:

Alright mate…ill delete em files…thanks again…