Groove Agent SE Pattern Dragging issue

I’m probably doing something wrong, but I can’t seem to get groove agent patterns to drop into a midi track. I’ve watched videos where people did it, but it’s not allowing me to. When I select the pad, and drag it, it shows the shadowed pad as I move, until I get outside the GA window. Then the mouse cursor becomes a circle with a line through it.

I have an instrument track, and a midi track linked to GA. No matter what I do, I just can’t seem to drag the patterns over.

Is there something i have to turn on? Is this no longer supported? Do I need the stand-alone version of GA?

I’m running Cubase 9.5 Artist, btw.

It works here. I assume that you’re running Windows 10.

Try this:
Close Cubase, go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5 , right click the Cubase .exe, go to Properties and disable Run as Administrator.

I’m actually on Win 7 (64bit). It was already being run as a non-administrator. Tried running it as admin to check, still can’t drag patterns to a track.

So it appears to be a Windows 7 bug. I installed Cubase on my girlfriend’s laptop to see if the same thing happened. Worked on there (which has Windows 10).