Groove Agent SE5 issue in Cubase 12

Hi Guys,

Groove agent patterns do not work in Cubase 12. dropping a pattern on the playlist creates a new not routed and without kit instance of Groove Agent.

Hi,

Move the MIDI Part to the original track and delete newly created track, please.

Background:
The reason is, the Pattern contains some meta information like the tempo. This is interpreted as a new track on top for Cubase. So Cubase puts the Tempo information to the original track, where do you move the data to. But the Tempo data could not be in the MIDI Track (there is dedicated Tempo Track). As other track Cubase creates a new one (because there is no other) to put the MIDI Part there.

1 Like

It doesn’t help I drop a new part and the same thing happens.

Ok, but if Cubase creates a new track why doesn’t it create it properly with the instrument and routed to the output?

How to fix this?

Where is the conflict here why does Cubase think that way, why not just accept the pattern on the intended track if it works by moving the part to the track manually?

This is how it works in Cubase 11 Please report this and apply a fix ASAP. There are just to many broken things in Cubase 12.

Thank you!

Also the “style” function in the pattern section no longer works it stops playing once style is selected.

I have created a new project and it works however the style function doesn’t work at all. @Martin.Jirsak

Also, switching between groups doesn’t work on pattern mode and I got this message pop up suddenly. I have seen no license popup before while launching Cubase 12

t

Note that this only happens if the track is set to “Linear” time base. If the track is set to “Musical” time base, you can import MIDI files such as Groove Agent patterns to existing tracks like he expects.

It looks like @Voxango changed the “Default Track Time Type” from Musical to Linear in Cubase 12. His Cubase 11 video shows him using Musical time base.

Styles are primarily intended for Acoustic Agent kits. They’re based on real drum performances with multiple articulations. None are loaded by default when using Beat Agent kits, so you have to select them manually, and they may not play back correctly since they’re missing the articulations from the Acoustic Agent.

1 Like

But why does it do that where is the conflict? If it creates a new track why doesn’t it make a routing just like with the original Groove Agent track? It works as you say on a new project but in the project I have had this issue, you can see there is no sound on the new midi track. So I am not sure why. I did work on some samples with different tempo and adjusted the project tempo to match the samples. and used tempo detection as well.

Hi, my experience in Cubase 12, 13:
When arranging your own rhythm patterns or importing external midi, set the track midi channel to “1”.
1-create patterns
Then drag all single events to the Pattern pads and save as the Pattern Group.
In the target project, insert Track Instrument Groove Agent and load your saved Pattern Group.
Now, when you drag the pads into the Instrument Track, they should be placed in one track.
2-load midi pattern
Metadata doesn’t matter, it works fine on both Groove Agent SE 5 and Groove Agent 5.