Groove Agent survey - Help make Groove Agent better

For those who missed it, yesterday Steinberg posted a Groove Agent survey. They’re looking for feedback on how you’re using Groove Agent, how it can be improved and which expansions or additional factory content you would like to see in the future.

It would be nice if users of other drum plugins also gave their feedback.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/survey-on-groove-agent-and-groove-agent-se-4681.html

Sorry I have never used it. Too involved with BFD3. I have never thought it detailed enough for my purposes.

That would be me (EZDrummer 2, Jamstix).

It really isn’t geared much to other users, a lot of “not applicable” sort of questions. A bit at the end though.

I mean users of other plugins who have given Groove Agent SE 4 or Groove Agent 4 a try, of course.

That would be me, to clarify!

I bought GA 4 some time ago and I filled out the form. I mainly use BFD3. Most user would probably say BFD3 is more complicated, but for some reason I find GA 4 to be more complex to use. It’s just not very intuitive when it comes to the more advanced options. Also the stock sounds, especially the acoustic agents, are not all that great IMO. They sound rather low budget. I bought several expansion packs and I must say that the Simon Phillips and the Songwriter’s kits make up for this. Because of these I’m starting to use it more lately.

Agree with Nickledome’s post - modified here to reflect my situation:

I bought > GA4SE as part of Cubase 9 > some time ago and I filled out the form. I mainly use > EZ Drummer 2 , with Jamstix> . Most user would probably say those are more complicated, but for some reason I find > GA4SE > to be more complex to use. It’s just not very intuitive when it comes to the more advanced options …

I could have sworn I posted this earlier, but can’t find it now. I guess I “forgot to hit send” (again?? LOL … like that other guy who complained the mods deleted his post, and was told no, he must have forgot to hit send :laughing: ). Or maybe a moderator made it go “poof” away without leaving a note saying what they did and why, for whatever reason they decide/claim this time is justified?

Anyway, survey answered, as requested.

Yep. I ONLY use it for Simon Phillips. That is great. The rest, meh. I’ve seen Marco Minneman on their website and figure that would be a great expansion in the same vein as the Simon Phillips one. Hopefully they read my survey.

I like Groove Agent for the sampler options - I dont really use it with the included sounds. One, because I dont think the included sounds are amazing and two because the mixer interface feels crammed in to me.

It’s really quick to load in a loop, chop it up and spread it up and down the keyboard though.

GA is such a sold product. I hope they don’t change it too much. Maybe a new suit of clothing.

Only 2 days left!