Group channels

I’m new to Cubase. I have a project I created a group tracks for Vocals. Later I decided to save as a new project with different name. All is good.
Except when I started to edit the new project. I removed the group track. Then I lose panning ( no panning bar on those tracks that were in the group). I see audio playing on the meter but no sound.
Please tell me what was wrong with me.
Secondly when I want to add another track to a previously created group channel ( Vocals) I cannot do that or it seems this is not possible in Cubase
Thank you all on the forum

Welcome to the Cubase Forums.

Which version of Cubase are you using?

I’m not sure I completely understand your post, but if you delete a Group Channel then tracks that were Routed to the now deleted Group have no where to go and are Routed to a dead end and not to Stereo Out. Press F3 to bring up the Mixer, make sure the Routing Rack is showing (at the top), and check the tracks there were routed to the now removed Group Channel.

Create a New Group and then Route the tracks to that group, which itself should be sent to another group (Mix Bus for example) or directly to Stereo Out. Good luck.

You need to select the tracks that were assigned to the group you deleted and re-assign them to the stereo out.

You should be able to route any track to any group as long as the ‘input’ to your audio track is not that group you’re also trying to output the audio track to. So check what the input to the track you can’t assign is.

Thank you very much for your replies.
I’m using Elements 9.5
Your Replies were of great help to me.
Bringing up the mixer with F3 let me see my mistakes. I rerouted the channels to the appropriate Bus.
I was also able to add any track to any group channel.
My mistake was that I selected a track then I right click to add. There was no such option available in the dropdown.
Thank you again

Glad it worked out. :slight_smile: