• Lane 3; Take 8
    - Lane 4; Take 10 <----- Selected

Acoustic Mic 2:

• Lane 1; Take 3
    - Lane 2; Take 4 <----- Auto-Selected
  • Lane 3; Take 8
  • Lane 4; Take 10

MISMATCHED

What in God’s name is going on here!? Why is this happening!? This is the same performance with two different mics. The takes are exactly the same in the corresponding lanes. No lanes have been deleted. Nothing has been moved around. All I did was change the lengths of the audio events to match start/end so they would all be in sync - and they are. No sync errors reported from CB. Audio events happening later in the EXACT SAME PAIR OF GROUPED TRACKS (also chopped to be in sync) WORK ABSOLUTELY FINE.

2.5 hours I’ve spent trying to fix this - reading the forums, trolling Google and YouTube, trying random crap. NOTHING. WORKS. My workflow has ground to a complete halt as I desperately try to fix this insane issue. This bug is UNACCEPTABLE and INEXCUSABLE for the amount of money I’ve spent on this DAW. It literally DOES NOT GET SIMPLER than “selecting events on Lane 1 selects events on Lane 1 across all grouped tracks”!

What is the fix for this? The fix mentioned elsewhere on the forum (turn off group edit, select confused track, repeat for all, turn on group edit) DOES NOT WORK and neither does ANY OTHER PERMUTATION I’VE SPENT THE LAST 2 HOURS INVENTING. Deleting the folder and re-foldering the tracks doesn’t work. Putting the audio events onto new tracks and re-folding doesn’t work. Restarting Cubase doesn’t work, either.

I’m out of ideas!

I’m sorry, but I’m not seeing what the problem is. Perhaps you could include some screen shots to illustrate things better? I’ve had whole days spent learning why Cubase does things the way it does. Usually it’s not a bug, but more that I’ve not been doing something correctly. Sorry about the troubles. Can you re-state the issue in very simple terms?

I included a visual. Look at the text in bold. Bold indicates a selection. With Group Edit turned on, selecting the audio events in Mic1 Lane 2 should also select audio events in Mic2 Lane 2. It does not. Selecting audio events in Mic1 Lane 2 auto-selects events in Mic2 Lane 3. There is no reason for this. It doesn’t make any sense.

Again, see the bold text in my OP for a visual indicator of what’s getting auto-selected in track 2 when I make a selection in track 1. Selecting audio events in Track 1 Lane 1 produces the expected results. All the rest of the selections are mismatched

I’ve edited my OP to emphasize the issue. Hopefully it’s more clear.

Nobody else is experiencing this issue?

I see what now what you’re saying, thanks. I can’t say I’ve seen this, but being only still new to Cubase, I’ll leave it to more experienced users to shed some light here. What recording mode do you work in? I tend to use cycle recording and my lanes line up and follow selections in accordance with the Operations Manual as far as I can tell. Again, maybe a more expert user will have some help for this. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

I’m still hoping someone can help me out with this. I’ve submitted a trouble ticket to Steinberg but I haven’t heard anything yet. Who knows how long that’ll take.