Group Mute Logic Broken? [Solved]

Hi folks,

I’ve just noticed that when I mute and unmute a Group channel, all the channels routed to that group are also being unmuted (even if they were muted to begin with). I’m pretty certain this behaviour has changed, as muted tracks should remain muted after a Group is unmuted.

Can someone please confirm? Or have I unwittingly changed a setting somewhere?

Thx

Hi,

What kind of tracks do you use? Audio, Instrument track, Audio Return of Instrumentation track, MIDI…?

Audio and Instrument tracks routed to groups.

Hi,

Instrument tracks only with one output or multiple Outputs (Audio Returns)?

I tried to reproduce it. Do you mute one of the track, which is routed to the Group Channel? Then I can reproduce it. If you Mute a track which is not routed to the Group, then it works to me so that the muted track stays muted.

Btw the same behaviour is in Cubase 7.5.

It seems even the master stereo out behaves this way: all tracks in the project (regardless of their mute status) are unmuted when the master stereo out is unmuted. When did this creep in? I’m certain it hasn’t always been this way.

If I have 10, 20, 30 tracks in a project which are muted, they become unmuted after muting and unmuting the stereo bus (or a group which they are routed to). Surely I can’t be the only one that finds this ludicrous!

Hi

In preferences:

Select VST
Click on: Group channels: Mute sources as well

Delta

Life saver - thanks! I don’t know how or when I managed to switch this on, but it’s now off and working more like I expect! :slight_smile: