Guide to electronic dance music

I came across this rather cool site today and thought I’d share…
“Ishkur’s Guide to Electronic Music”
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Aloha F
and major MAHALO!

Great site. Nice history lesson.

Should be a site like this for every music genre.

{‘-’}

Other than the woefully inaccurate history…

Kraftwork got a mention, but clearly the creator of the site has never heard of Tangerine Dream, nor anything that happened in the 60s at the Radiophonic Workshop and particularly the work of Delia Derbyshire, or indeed the work of Iaso Tomita in the 70s and Walter/Wendy Carlos in the 60 and 70s and of course the all electronic soundscapes created in the 50s by Louis and Bebe Barron. Or for that matter the Musique concrète experimentalists in France in the late 40s and into the 50s, or the Elektronische Musik of Karlheinz Stockhausen in Cologne in the early 50s. and pushing back even further, compositions that were specifically written and realised on the Theremin in the 1920s, and the Ondes Martenot around 1928.

And… Blondie invented rap music… What?

I agree, Mark & I suppose the creator of the site may be comparatively young. I´d like to add Cluster (Moebius/Rödelius/Schnitzler → Tangerine Dream) & CAN to your list of missing pioneers. Also the role of Brian Eno for major genres of contemporary pop music (e.g. Ambient, New Wave) can`t be underestimated.
Nevertheless the site is nicely done.

Best wishes

Looks more like a guide to electronic DANCE music. Completely different.