Guitar Harmonic at 4th fret

A question for @Richard_Lanyon maybe…

Is it at all possible to notate the C# harmonic (string 5, fret 4) in the tab AS the 4th fret rather than 3.9? I know 3.9 is theoretically and technically more correct’ but tabbing it at fret 4 is usually enough especially for a seasoned player. A performance note is usually all that is needed. It can look quite cluttered otherwise. I have had a couple of publishers ask about this.

Perhaps there is already an option but I couldn’t find it and I can’t seem to find a way around it. (see my examples) The 2nd example is kind of what I am going for.

Also is it possible to place the harmonic circle in the tab as well as the notation?

Cheers
Steve

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 10.30.51 PM

I’m afraid this isn’t possible at the moment. The reason we didn’t do it this way is that once you start rounding the numbers then the next two harmonics both come out as 3, which makes this sort of thing confusing to notate:

Thanks Richard - That makes total sense. It’s not a huge deal but thought I’d check nonetheless. In all honesty I think I prefer the way you do it in Dorico anyway. :slight_smile: