Guitar: Mute string noise

Hello!

Im editing a guitar track. And between the chrod-strokes, there are some guitar-nois or “squiks” if you like. How do I Edit/mute this easily? Tried to use the draw tool and just lower the volume for those parts, but then I get this error message saying "The Resolution must be lower than 1" whatever that means. Also tried to use the “range” tool to mark the part I want to lower/delete. But I cant find a way to do it.

Any tips/suggestions?

Just cut them out and then make sure to use fades.

Crossfades?

If I was you I would work in the part editor. Select the guitar and choose event to part from the menu.

Then lower the volumes of the ‘squiks’ and crossfade into and out of the lower volumes. So cut either side of the ‘squik’, select it and press x.

I prefer that method rather than cutting them out completely - even if you choose to lower the volume to silence.

I believe that spectral editing might be the best way to do this. You can’t do that in Cubase at the moment. I’ve not used it, but SpectraLayers is apparently pretty good and will soon be a Steinberg product, or so it seems. From what I’ve seen and read, it should integrate with Cubase via ARA2, once that is introduced and the Steinberg version of SpectraLayers is launched. I’m guessing it’s not going to come very cheap though.

The Cubase You Tube channel has a Greg Ondo video on how to build a macro to lower the level of any selected range on an Audio Event.

Try find the best way to “automate” such editing using a single click… Saves a ton!