HALion 5 not showing in ableton 9

Hi folks hopefully someone here can help me out,

I know this has been asked before, I have seen those posts but I still am nowhere nearer to getting HALion 5 to work with Ableton 9. I have been using cubase and of course the vst3 shows up there but I want this product that I have paid for to work in my other 64bit DAW - Ableton. Surely Steinberg just didn’t bother with vst2 for this or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Ableton 9 64 bit, install HALion 5 64 bit. It gives me no location to install the vst 2.5 dll file. No show.

I’ve tried everything, uninstalling, re-installing from the different installers… Searching every possible location on my computer for this vst2 dll and I cant find it anywhere. What is going on here?!

HALion Sonic 2 doesn’t show up in Ableton either, but strangely enough I can get Padshop and Retrologue to show up in live no problem :confused:

Yeah it installs the vst3 file but I can’t use that I need the vst2 dll.

Have I just wasted a ton of cash buying this thing?

Please someone help, any advice would be really appreciated.

I’m using Windows 7 64

Thanks,

Hi Ben,

HALion 5 comes with a 64bit VST2 dll that can be found here:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins/Halion5/halion5.dll

Just add this folder in live and rescan.

Hi Matthias, thanks for the help I found it! I was getting really worried there haha I can swear I looked in that folder a hundred times! Oh well disaster averted and sorry for my whining