HALion 5 track selection issue...

My Specs:

Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.4
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
Processor 2.6 GHz Quad Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3

Details to recreate issue:

Selecting an instrument in HALion 5 is supposed to select it in the project window but it doesn’t.

For me it only works the other way round, selecting a HALion5 track in the project window will switch the track selection in the VST.

This selection behavior was first introduced in 7.5 I think, and only works both ways, as intended and expected, with GA SE and GA4. HALion5 was released just before 7.5, so the selection behavior is only partly impelmented in this VST.

Hope this helps…

FWIW, for me it works bidirectional (Studio One 2 and 3).

For me it works as onemidi and VinnieD described.

If I select them in the project window, H5 changes.
If I select them in H5, the selected project track does NOT change.

Windows 7 64 bit
Cubase, 64 bit, 8.0.20 Build 468
Halion, 64bit, 5.1.1.60

Personally I would not mind if we could change the behavior on user preference level, because I think Cubase’s way (project to VST) makes more sense.

I noticed in Studio One it’s very annoying when the project’s track selection/view always follows Halion 5. Sometimes you just want to make a small adjustment to a parameter in Halion 5 while an entirely different track is in view. The result is the track attached to Halion is scrolled in to view while that isn’t necessary because you don’t want to edit the track content.

be sure in “pref cubase/VST/plug in” to check synch plug in prog selection to track"