Halion 5 Trial Acting Up

Hi, i’ve recently downloaded the Halion 5 to try out the trial. After installation, when i try to open the Halion in Cubase as a rack/track instrument, the spinning wheel appears and Cubase freezes in that state with the wheel spinning.

This doesn’t happen with any other VST instrument in Cubase (only HSO loading marginally slower than other ones which is fine) and i have no current 3rd party plugins installed. I’ve ran the maintenance thing in the eLicenser program without any change. Running 64-bit on 64-bit OS with 8GB RAM on a late 2011 Macbook Pro.

Reinstalled Halion several times aswell. Thank you for any help with this!

Try installing the latest update: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_halion_5.html

The trial version is the same software as the regular version, so the updates above will work for the trial. I applied the VSTI AU Patcher (on OSX) and it stopped problems I was having with the AU version in Logic.

Appreciate the tip, but I already tried that and unfortunately it didn’t solve my problem. Halion 5 and Halion Sonic 2 are still the only two plugins that cause Cubase to stop responding.

Does it work standalone or in another host? Studio One is the only other VST3 host I can think of on a Mac.