The piano content set “The Eagle” that is included in HALion 6 and HS3 supports the middle (sostenuto) pedal. Nice idea. If you use it the first time, it works correctly (the keys that are pressed while pushing the middle pedal continue to sustain, other keys don’t). If you release the middle pedal, the notes stop sounding. Fine.
BUT, and here is the bug:
If you use the the right (forte) pedal afterwards, hit the same keys as before, and release it, the notes that have been affected by the middle pedal before continue to sustain, although neither the right nor the middle pedal is pressed anymore. The script seems (incorrectly) to assume, that there is a middle pedal function, that continues ‘forever’.
- Play some keys. Hold them down.
- Press the middle pedal (sostenuto).
- Release the keys, hit some other keys.
- Release all keys.
- Release the middle pedal.
- Play a bit. Use the right (forte) pedal.
- Release all keys and pedals. Listen: The keys you used in step 1+2 sustain forever.
Thanks for fixing!