Halion 7 Activation

Hi
I have the Halion 7 trial version and Halion Sonic 7 installed.
I have now bought Halion 7
How do i change the trial version of Halion 7 for the full version in the activation manager ?

Hello Adrian,

Typically it works like this:
If you have a Download Access Code, it should be entered in the Steinberg Download Manager.
If you see your product in the Activation Manager, you can obviously activate it there.

This Steinberg Activation Manager will ask you to allow opening a Steinberg website pointing to your account settings. This is to sign in to your account.

Once you’ve claimed your new key simply open Activation Manager. Deactivate the Trial. Activate your true key.

The trial key should eventually expire and disappear from your Steinberg account by itself. It might take a while for it to go away but it won’t harm anything.

I still have an expired Cubase 12 demo key that’s been on my My Steinberg account for ages. It’s not a problem I guess, unless I need a new Cubase 12 demo key at some point. Should it ever get in the way, I’d just file a ticket with Steinberg Support asking them to remove it.

Many Thanks guys. I’ve done it now.

This is a problem, steinberg. I have downloaded the dowload manager as instructed, dowloaded the supposedly free halion sonic software and the free piano sound I wanted. Everytime I open Halin sonic o it says “no license found”. I see no downloaded software in my activation manager, I have no email with no code and there is f** all usefull instruction on how to navigate any of your 80s looking software hacks online. I am already bored and not wasting another minute on this. Really weak and not competitive. I am uninstalling all things steinberg immediately and I am switching to kontakt 7 and all of their awesome libraries, thanks for nothing.

This is a community support forum, not a rant at Steinberg forum.

If you want help, people might be able to help you. If you don’t have a HALion Sonic 7 licence in Steinberg Activation Manager, click here to acquire one. If you want to use LoFi Piano, that also needs a free licence - click here to acquire a LoFi Piano licence. Novel Piano doesn’t need a licence.

Hi David_W
I think you’re being a lot more polite than I.
edeltobi. We need more info’ such as, Which DAW are you running etc.