HALion 7 available now!

Is anyone experiencing the same issues loading Halion 7 into a standalone VST host like Unify or Patchwork and it won’t boot?

I own Halion Sonic 3 and I installed Halion Sonic 7 that looks to (only) be somekind of free software. After installing this reader Halion Sonic 7 I cannot anymore run my Halion Sonic 3.
What is this ? Did I loose my full Halion Sonic 3 software and related libraries ?
Is there any upgrade plan from Halion Sonic 3 to Halion Sonic 7 ?
Should I uninstall Halion Sonic 7 and re-install Halion Sonic 3 ?

There is no information about consequences of installing Halion Sonic 7.
Some improvement on your side is expected !

Looking for help on this.
Thanks

Halion Sonic 7 fully replaces Halion Sonic 3 and Halion Sonic SE 3, and is compatible with your existing libraries. Please make sure to request a free license from here if you haven’t:

If you have the full paid version of Halion Sonic 3, you can also purchase an upgrade to the “Halion Sonic 7 Collection”. This will add FM Lab and Tales to your list of available libraries.

1 Like

I own Halion Sonic 2, it ran fine with Cubase 12. Then I used the offer from Steinberg to download and installed Halion Sonic 7 and Colors Free. All of my instruments in Halion Sonic 2 dissappeared, Haliotron (Mellotron), Hammond emulation etc. Each time I start Cubase12 now I get eleven messages about missing VST Sound Library components missing, typical:
“C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_123_HS_Synth_Bass_Presets_01.vstsound”
Anyone experienced something similar?
Best wishes
Anders

1 Like

recently upgraded to artist to get pad shop and retro, get similar errors when opening cubase although the sounds seem to be there and library manager seems happy

Hi, I recently wrote the following thread for Cubase 12 Pro plus HALion 7 Collection. I ran into similar problem getting missing library infos at startup. The “Collection” library and the SE libraries contain different content and must be installed separately. Maybe you have a look. May it help…

Installing HALion 7 Sound Libraries correctly

And yet, despite it sounding so good and having great flexibility, Steinberg - yet again - undermine a brilliant product by having the ergonomics of a third-rate product with an interface apparently designed by a yr2 undergraduate wearing beer-goggle glasses.
:nerd_face::mortar_board::nerd_face::beer::nerd_face:
This GUI is, much like Cubase’s, almost entirely unable to make good use of the (availability of much-improved) screen real estate, leaving users squinting at their screens, like an adolescent male with too many crunchy socks to the side of his bedroom studio!
:thinking::socks::roll_eyes::droplet::joy:
Tiny fonts, minuscule buttons, squished lists, overly-dark UI, poor scalability, a display crammed full of barely discernible text … all in support of a complex and very deep instrument, with only a scant nod to user configurability.
:mag_right::tv::face_with_monocle:
I do wonder why the developers are not listening to the Steinberg user community and how they’ve not yet recognised why Steinberg’s competitors (who were once unestablished new-entrants) are stealing a lead with far inferior product.
:hear_no_evil::ear::hear_no_evil::ear::hear_no_evil:
It’s all down to usability, guys!!!
:man_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::man_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:
Make readily-accessible software that people with normal eyesight can actually ‘see’ and you’ll attract (new, previous and casual) users in their droves.
:man_running::notes::running_man::computer::man_running:
The Betamax vs VHS debacle of the Eighties is a well-understood exercise in engineering versus design that clearly demonstrated how superior products by established industry stalwarts can fail to dominate a marketplace. People will pay for what they can (and want to) use, not necessarily what’s (well hidden) under the bonnet.
:vhs::no_entry_sign::put_litter_in_its_place::wastebasket:
Regardless, Steinberg still appears to believe it can buck this oft-repeated mistake, establishing a new trend of people willing to embrace technological excellence underpinned by inaccessible complexity, with more important and relevant features unnecessarily compromised and implemented when the market has moved on!
:tired_face::dash::confounded::dash::man_technologist:t3:
Has Steinberg ever engaged in (or listened to) any usability testing at all!? It certainly doesn’t appear so with this release.
:hear_with_hearing_aid::raising_hand_man::interrobang:
I don’t have the patience or mindset these days to employ software - any software - which makes me work hard to use it. There really is no excuse.
:sleeping::massage_man::yawning_face:
What a(nother) huge missed opportunity and something of a disappointment.
:confused::slightly_frowning_face::frowning:
I’ll pass … yet again!
:face_with_diagonal_mouth::euro::money_mouth_face::pound: :cry:

Guess that’s the natural end to this thread. :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to start a new topic for you questions, comments and complaints.