HALion family updates available

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of HALion Sonic 1.6, HALion Sonic SE 1.6 and HALion 4.5.2, the latest updates to Steinberg’s popular HALion family.

The updated HALion Sonic versions introduce true multi-core support and now feature the superior MorphFilter audio effect in the FX section. Plus, HALion Sonic 1.6 comes with a convenient multi-loading option. The HALion 4.5.2 update resolves several user-reported issues.

All HALion updates are now available free of charge from the Steinberg website. For detailed information on all fixes and enhancements, please check the corresponding version histories on the download page.

DOWNLOAD HALION SONIC 1.6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_halion_sonic.html
DOWNLOAD HALION SONIC SE 1.6
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_65.html#c145891
DOWNLOAD HALION 4.5.2
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_halion_4.html

Halion Sonic SE is what is included with Cubase 6, right? So at least the SE updater should be run by Cubase owners?

I have a content question: on installing the Cubase 6.5.1 pre-release update, I got the option to install Halion Sonic SE content update. But this option was greyed out…

Yes, it reads to me that the HSSE update is for all Cubase 6 users. Great :slight_smile:

Yes, but it’s on the 6.5 downloads page. Can Steinberg confirm that it is also for 6.0.x versions too, please?

Thanks for the update! Worked perfectly in Halion Sonic SE (update 1.5.2 to 1.6)

It is also on the C6 downloads page.
HTH
J.L.

So it is. Thanks

Nice little addition. Many thanks. :slight_smile:

HSSE 1.6 and H4.5.2: Smooth installation. Both performing as expected. :smiley:

Many thanks for the updates.

The library filter in HALion Sonic SE’s preset browser isn’t enabled by default anymore, and now the instrument starts on the “mix” pane. Why have these been changed?

Hello Matthias,

Firstly, thank you for the update, however the link (for Windows) on the site does not show the download as Halion Sonic SE, only as Halion Sonic. This could confuse some users…

Greetings from Australia,

Mauri.

Halion 4.52 immediately crashes my VE PRO 5 template. I rolled back to 4.51 and all works. I reported it on Vienna’s forum as well.

Now, a song saved with Halion SE in Cubase 32 bit will open properly in Cubase 64 bit. Thanks!

Installed nicely here.

+1 on the easy install and thanks!

I have encountered a problem installing the Halion_Sonic SE update on a windows 7 64 bit machine. The installer attempts to run and then brings up a windows dialog saying “setup has stopped working windows is checking for a solution to this problem” which then exits without any solution. The setup file is not corrupt as it actually runs correctly on my Win32 laptop. Windows 7 64bit is up to date with only Cubase 6.51 Wavelab 6 Reason 4 BFD2 and various NI applications installed. Any ideas?
I have just though I have both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Cubase installed, is this what is upsetting the Halionsonic SE installer?

Robert

i have a problem with the HALion_Sonic_SE_1.6.0_Update
all the content (vstsound) are no longer show up in the HSSE , so i have no sound to work with.
is anybody can help me how to tell HSSE where to find the sounds?
it seem to be at C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound. but i don’t remember that I put them there.
Erez

Mine are in: CWindows and Programs/programfiles/steinberg/cubase6/vstsound, along with Reverence, Groove Agent, LoopMash, and some other aftermarket ‘sounds’.

Hope this helps. If I remember right, it seems I had to drag these (HSSE) things here because the installer but them somewhere else. Look in ‘My Documents’ on your C drive’? It’s been a while but I’m pretty sure this is where the files got dropped. Put them all together, that’s the plan.

Please advise on which version to download. I did the Cubase 6.0.7 update a couple weeks ago. I’ve never used HALion before (only been using Motif sounds). I believe the Cubase update included the 1.6.0 SE Update (because I see it in my list of previous downloads as I am waiting for the 1.5.0 Content_Patch.msp to complete. (Now I’m concerned about the note “It is important that the update is installed in the following order”… (Should I NOT install the Content Patch before first uninstalling the 1.6.0 (assuming that’s even the correct version for me)?

Also, the Quick Start documentation did not seem to describe accurately what I was seeing in the drop down menu (when adding an instrument track) or on the HALion control panel. Then, when I did finally choose the category and instrument sound, I got something like “Program failed to load”. Thanks for any help. :confused: :blush: :frowning: