This is a recent problem.
The HALion Sonic SE instrument doesn’t play any sounds, however, other instruments such as Retrologue will play. Is there a standard procedure, such as re-installing, that can fix this problem? I’m sure other people have encountered it.
Please check following:
- Start Dorico and on the hub window choose Solo > Solo Piano as a new project.
- Go to Play Mode and open the HALion Sonic SE editor window
- In the first slot the “YAMAHA S90ES Piano” sound patch shall be loaded. Is that the case with you?
- In that window, switch to the Mix tab, is the Level parameter up on the first slot?
- On the right, which Output is selected?
- When you click with the mouse on the on-screen keyboard, does the window show any activity in the upper part such as level metering?
- Open the Dorico Mixer window (F3). Is there any channel muted/soloed? When clicking with the mouse on the on-screen keyboard, does the Dorico Mixer show any metering and if so, on which channel(s)?
Thanks for your suggestions. I’m able to get a sound out of HALion as per your directions, but my project is still silent. I think it’s a problem with the project file itself, since, on further investigation, other files will play OK. I think I’ll create a new file and paste the notes from the old file into it. If you don’t hear from me again, then I’ve had success!
You can do Play > Playback Template and choose HSSE+HSO (Pro) or HSSE (Elements) which will reload HSSE with the default patches.
That did the trick, and it’s good to know about the Playback Templates.