HALion not playing, but other sources work

Hi all,
This is a recent problem.
The HALion Sonic SE instrument doesn’t play any sounds, however, other instruments such as Retrologue will play. Is there a standard procedure, such as re-installing, that can fix this problem? I’m sure other people have encountered it.
Ken

Please check following:

1. Start Dorico and on the hub window choose Solo > Solo Piano as a new project.
  2. Go to Play Mode and open the HALion Sonic SE editor window
  3. In the first slot the “YAMAHA S90ES Piano” sound patch shall be loaded. Is that the case with you?
  4. In that window, switch to the Mix tab, is the Level parameter up on the first slot?
  5. On the right, which Output is selected?
  6. When you click with the mouse on the on-screen keyboard, does the window show any activity in the upper part such as level metering?
  7. Open the Dorico Mixer window (F3). Is there any channel muted/soloed? When clicking with the mouse on the on-screen keyboard, does the Dorico Mixer show any metering and if so, on which channel(s)?

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for your suggestions. I’m able to get a sound out of HALion as per your directions, but my project is still silent. I think it’s a problem with the project file itself, since, on further investigation, other files will play OK. I think I’ll create a new file and paste the notes from the old file into it. If you don’t hear from me again, then I’ve had success!

Thanks again,

Ken

You can do Play > Playback Template and choose HSSE+HSO (Pro) or HSSE (Elements) which will reload HSSE with the default patches.

Thanks, Paul.

That did the trick, and it’s good to know about the Playback Templates.

Ken