[Halion Presets] midi modules in action

Hi Roel
It should be handy if there were a quick way to see if there are flexphrasers involved in a sound :wink:

Jan

hey jan,

there is.
the program tree tells everything.
it defines the structure of the sound.
click on different elements in the program tree and check each one of them for the set and subset of edit windows.
the flex modules are part of that tree.

kind regards,
R.

Yes, i know that there is a program tree for the sound (program)construction and i looked there if the sound has one or more flexphrasers assigned, but still a lot of clicks to do
It should be handy to see if the sound is "flexphrased "or not in ( yes the VX, Flexphrased and XLL sounds are) in one eyesight.
Tip: put the filter on layer in the soundbrowser and search for xxl ā€¦you get a lot of interesting sounds

Note: for what there is a top level flexphraser ( + trigger module) in the sound tree ?
Alsoā€¦what sound do have chords or are a sequenzed assigned to them ?.. ( the triggerpads has assigned information for this)
Now i must go thru every sound to see what is possible with this soundā€¦ :wink:

I also wonder why every program has a default Flex and trigger but inactive.

First thing I usually do is shift select that and the FX Buss ands hit DEL.

I like to keep that view fresh and comprehensive!

I also wonder why every program has a default Flex and trigger but inactive.
First thing I usually do is shift select that and the FX Buss ands hit DEL.
I like to keep that view fresh and comprehensive!

:sunglasses: They are there since the init program has put them there. Hey okā€¦ it is not the cleanest program tree there is, but personally i do not bother if there are some inactive modules or layers in the three. Since they are inactive, they do not use resources. But i accept your statement. It would have been cleaner without them.

Alsoā€¦what sound do have chords or are a sequenzed assigned to them ?.. ( the triggerpads has assigned information for this) Now i must go thru every sound to see what is possible with this soundā€¦

:sunglasses: First: tx for trying the patches! Ok, you have to click on every patch and see what has been done there. And as dutch said before, some description of what has been done could indeed make life easier. I will try to take this into account when i have something new to post. For now, the main purpouse was checking if things are operational on other systems and just post some of those neat functions. Maybe it triggers some creativity amongst the users.
Since I have noticed the patches are technically in working condition in the near future i could be posting something usefull with more bells and whistles. But i still am a bit searching for the correct walking on the thin line there, when the posting is not solely for checking purpouses and the user content is somehow based on 3th party content. You must take into account that ripping someones vsti and posting it on a forum is probably not welcomed by some of those devs.

An example: the user fstaudio (look higer on the topic) has made a very beautifull patch named Blakus Cello. You can find it on his site. It is a very very beautifull cello vstsound and it is free for downloading. I can indeed think about some layers adding there and some extra modules and a bit efx and so on to build a killer string patch. But it is not done just to integrate it straightforward in a patch of myself and repost it with added contentā€¦ How would you feel if someones does this with your hard work. For me it is ok if someone twiggels with my vstsound demoā€™s, but i keep them low profile for a purpouse.
:wink:

kind regards,
R.

@dutch: There are no chords anywhere.The trigger pads are only used as a bridge between the keyswitches on the keyboard and the variations of the midi-modules. You can not directly assign the variations to a midi note number, which is a minor niggle in the halion layout in my opinion. The same counts for the on/off switches of the various modules wich are only assignable to controllers, not midi note numbers. If we would be able to assign them directly to a midi note number (f.e. the same note number as where the variation keyswitches are laid out) then you would have a much more flexible controlling of those modules from the midi-keyboard. But i guess it is like it is for the moment.
i did not get any answer on how to do this, but the question has been posted on the feature request list for Halion.

kind regards,
R.

and another tip i can give:

I have found a source for getting things started with content on this site:
http://www.philharmonia.co.uk/explore/make_music

Those samples are free to use and they have a lot of stuff. (allmost a complete philharmonic)
Didnā€™t go to them thourougly yet.
But they are logically laid out and maybe it is usefull.
If other users have other site with decent and logically laid out sound content to get us halion users up and running, please feel free to point us in the right direction.

kind regards,
R.

Hi everyone,
Although reasonably familiar with Cubase Iā€™m a total newbie to using Halion (one), so please be gentle with me.
Iā€™ve actually just downloaded the Blakus Cello mentioned above, I have a .vstpreset and a .vstsound file. Can you tell me in which folders to place these files? Iā€™ve tried putting them in the same place as the other Halion files with those extensions but they donā€™t show up on Halionā€™s instrument list.
Thanks, and sorry for being a bit stupid.
xx

Hey,

I am not familiar with Halion 1.

The guy who made the Blakus Cello is Steinberg Forums
You can PM him and ask it.
Since you say you are using Halion 1, i am not shure if that version recognizes the vstsounds. I think they were made for Halion 4.

But you can Always ask. There is nothing wrong with that.

kind regards,
R.

Hi Lucy,

If you mean HALion One, as comes included with Cubase, then iā€™m afraid these files will not load into it - you will need the full version of HALion to make use of them.

HTH.

Thanks for your answers guys. Yes Iā€™m using Halion one with my several years old version of cubase, didnā€™t realise those samples were not compatible with it. At least I wasnā€™t doing anything wrong so I feel slightly less stupid now.
xx