Halion Presets Missing

Aah, looked at the wrong place! My Mediabay looks like this:

Your Halion sits under VST Sounds, mine is under File system<Local hard disk< C,… etc. Should that make a difference?
The load page of my Halion is empty. How do you select all instruments?

There is a great difference: Your entries are of another type than mine, yours are no Halion instruments but templates for special situations. BTW Which version of Cubase are we talking about, mine is Cubase AI 10.0.5 ?
And how did you get your version, DVD? Download?

I started with Cubase AI 6 which came with my Yamaha MX61 synthesiser. Later I upgraded (online) to Cubase Elements 8. But the fact remains that for this version also Halion Sonic SE 3 should work, I guess.

I took a closer look to my files:

See some examples in the picture. There may be another problem: they are all called (Type-column) VSTSOUND-files, but the actual files do not have the extension .VSTsound. I am pretty sure they should have this extension. I watched (again…) an installation guide for Halion on youtube:
Halion Sonic SE Sample Library - Installation Guide - YouTube → the step at 2:44 (clicking on a .VSTsound file) I have not yet been able to make. To avoid everything getting messier I think I just delete all HALion stuff I have now and download it again from scratch…

I suppose that’s best! The only (additional) hint you could try is inspecting the Download-File (ZIP?) of Cubase Elements 8 if there’s any content directory with vst-sound-files and clicking on them (not in the C:\ProgramData\Steinberg…)! maybe this makes a difference…
Good luck and best wishes!

Hi Ralph,
Just wanted to let you know: I was getting quite frustrated that things did not work as they should. So I decided to discard of all of it and took the upgrade to Cubase 11, including Halion etc. Everything works fine now!
Thank you for taking the time to help me out! Best wishes, stay healthy!
Marcel

Maybe the best decision :blush:!

Happy New Year…

I think 2021 will be the Year Of Producing CD’s

Best wishes

Ralph

Just to jump on this

I have had similar problems

I can’t move my Halion 7 content from the downloads folder on mac using the library manager.

And also the standalone version cannot ‘see’ any of the library data whereas the vst is fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.