Halion Sonic 2 Can't add layer to program issue (Solved)

Hi,

I am having a problem with adding Halion Sonic 2. Any help would be appreciated.

When I load a program into a Halion Sonic 2 Part, then try to add a layer to that program via the editor, the layer 2 enable button is dark (Disabled), and I can’t seem to enable another Layer to add to the program. Also the browser for the layers is only showing Halion Sonic SE Basic icon.

Basically, the issue is I can’t add a second layer, (or 3rd or 4th layer), and the browser for the layer is stuck on HS-essen. icon.

Here is a Gif file showing what I get when clicking on the library icon for a layer.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1186/4VauPX.gif

Here is a Youtube video that shows the issue better :

My guess there is something wrong with the Library Structure, or something of that nature, that is not behaving as it should.

Any tips, or help to solve this would be appreciated.

I’m running Cubase Pro 8.5.15 (Windows 8.1)

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi,

Hehe… It looks like I got confused, since I purchased Halion 5, I thought I also have HS 2, but it looks like I didn’t buy HS2, since there is no license appearing for it in my Steinberg account. I guess the issue I’m having is because I have no License for HS2. Maybe I should get it ? Not sure, since I already have Halion 5. Although HS2 is easier, and faster to work with.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Hi,

Well… It turns out I was wrong again.

My Halion 5 license should give me access to Halion Sonic 2 (I forgot all about that detail), so I’m guessing something went wrong with HS2 when I installed Halion 5. (Maybe a buggy Installer ?)

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue ? (Would Un-Installing Halion 5, and Re-Installing it the safest way to deal with this type of issue ? I’m guessing I will need to delete the Halion 5 sample content, and then re-download and install a fresh version. ?

Any feedback/help to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi,

Issue Fixed !

I Re-Installed HS2, and it is working as it should now, I can add layers, and browse all the Instruments.

Cheers,
Muziksculp