Halion Sonic 3 SE crashes on startup

Hi, whenever I try to load Halion Sonic SE in Cubase Elements 9.5 it crashes before it manages to load saying a serious problem has occured. I also downloaded and tried the standalone version but same thing happens. I’m on Win7. I have attached the crash dump file that was created by Cubase.
Cubase Elements 9.5.0.55 64bit 2017.11.30 15.53.zip (94.2 KB)

I also installed Cubase Elements 8 (not HSSE that came with it) and same thing happens.

Hi,

According to the crash dump your processor doesn’t want to execute a CMPXCHG16B operation. This instruction is not supported on older CPUs. What processor is your system running on?

It’s an AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ at 2.01GHz
I should add that I previously had Cubase Elements 8 installed and HalionSonicSE ran just fine. I believe it’s the same version in Elements 9.

I was mistaken, Halion Sonic SE has been updated from version 2 to 3 in Elements 9. It seems my processor is too old for HSSE3, although it wasn’t mentioned in the requirements.
Anyway, I won’t be upgrading my computer just for one synth, so I reinstalled HSSE2 from Elements 8. At least this works fine.