HALion Sonic 7 is silent on Dorico 4

Since I update to HAlion Sonic 7 on Dorico 4 Pro, I cannot make any sound on the program, I go to the daw window and when I get to the HAlion menu nothing happen, no instrument make any type of sound

@Giuliano_Giuliano , welcome to the forum.

The first thing I try when I do not hear sound is to re-apply the Playback Template I expect from the Play menu (not the Play tab, but the Play menu).

If you have not done that already, see if that helps.

Please have a look at this page as well, because I think is it also pertinent in your case.

Hi, thanks for aswering. I tried both things, I’ve check the playback template, and I used the plugin, but the librarie still don’t give any signal. Please, let me know what else I can do.

In that case, please create in Dorico a new project from piano template and then choose from the menu Help > Create Diagnostic Report. The corresponding zip file please post here. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (496.5 KB)

Thanks for the data @Giuliano_Giuliano .
It appears that you don’t get any sound because Dorico does not ‘see’ any output port for the ASIO driver. So audio gets processed but streamed out into void.
Please try the newer Steinberg Built-in ASIO driver and see if that goes any better. You can download it for free from here.
After installaation do a reboot and then in Dorico go to Edit > Device Setup and choose the new driver. Do then output ports turn up there?

Got it, it worked. Thank you very much for the help.

1 Like