Halion Sonic install Gripes (all versions)

Why is installing Halion Sonic (v3, vSE, v7) fraught with issues?

  1. Not all the vst sound library files are located/found
  2. The 30GB Install takes FOREVER! Are you Throttling the server? I have a 500Mbps download speed, the 30 GBs should only take 8 mins …but it lasts for 1 hour!!
  3. When i installed HS7 (Latest version) … it REPLACED Previous versions of Halion Sonic … is this Wise? I’d prefer to have my old vsts launch for older projects and then use v7 going forward for new projects!

Please help me. I’m not able to make music today with these issues!!
Frank

Just an Updated QUERY - is the latest Halion Sonic version Working in terms of all the Sounds available? anyone notice Missing Sounds / Patches? thanks

The 30 gig library is for the full version of HALion, not the freebie. Do you have the $250 version?
And it’s easy to confuse the Collection (paid) with the Selection (free, with Cubase, I think).

Are you installing from the My Products tab of the SDA or just from the seperate products?

There is no 30GB’s of content included in the free Halion sonic.

Hi @all. I have Halion7 also.
I get multiple missing file instances - search box comes up. No idea why