Halion Sonic Panning Issues

So I’ve tried multiple different instruments inside of Halion Sonic but it seems to be that certain instruments are panning all the way right automatically and every time I manually fix the pan towards Center it only last for a minute or two then as I’m working on the beat the instrument will pan all the way right again on it’s own. The only work around I’ve found is to render the track in place to get the wave file once I’ve turned the pan back to center. My question is why is it doing this and how can I fix this? I have a lot of awesome instruments in Halion but it seems counter intuitive for production when a bug like this exists. Let me know if somebody has been having a similar issue.

1 Like

Halion Sonic 7 are in my experience a bug plugin that lives it’s own life. Yes, I have had the same issue all the time and that is the main reason I try to avoid using it at all. And it is a shame that Steinberg talk so much about it and all the updates. “Same poopies new wrapping”, we use to say. I hope someone in Steinberg wakes up about Halion Sonic 7 is impossible to use because of this issue.

Yep,

I ran into this as well. There is a panning plugin you can use to kinda help out. Some of those sounds are behind very old macro interfaces and you can’t even fully edit them in the full Halion.

If you did have access to the full Halion, on the “SOUND” tab, there is a master pan that can override whatever is going on with the preset. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

I was not able to reproduce the pictured issue back in 2022 and I 'm still not able to do so. There are a few thousand copies of HALion Sonic out there and their owners seem to be quite happy. Only two reports about a panning issue without any further notice of the affected library, preset, version-numbers, platform or the common enviornment.
It’s a great pity, but without any useful infos it will remain as it is.
best regards
Gerrit Junge