HALion sonic SE 3/LoFi piano installation: "Task Failed"

HALion sonic SE 3/LoFi piano installation: “Task Failed”

Hi guys, I’m having some trouble installing the LoFi piano, which has also lead to other problems with HALion sonic SE-3 too.

The image is the collection of screenshots which I’ve numbered for this topic. (Sorry it is small to read, this forum only allowed me to have one image, and I couldn’t be bothered to make a high fidelity collection of screenshots. Sorry!)

I’m trying to install the LoFi Piano VST from Steinberg themselves, and so far had no avail. I’ve downloaded the two packages which I needed, which was “LoFi Piano” and “HALion Sonic SE 3 - 3.5.10”.
(Number 2 on the image)
However, whenever I open the HALion Sonic SE 3 file and try to install this version of HALion sonic, two of the (sub installations??) saying “HALion Resources” and “Impulse Responses” say “Task failed” when I try to install them.
(Number 3 on the image)
Then whenever I open my Cubase AI and try to use HALion sonic, it will come up as an instrument. However, when you use it, it will not have any pre-sets like I had before, and instead will come up with a red stop sign logo to the left.
(Number 4 on the image)
I have the downloads going into a different file location, but I don’t think that’s the problem.
(Number 1 on the image)
I went back onto the installation window, and I noticed the Required disk space said it need 0 bytes. Is it trying to install something that isn’t there? And if so, how do I make it there and get it installed? It’s been driving me mad, and this is only for HALion sonic, I’ve not even gotten close to being able to install the LoFi Piano VST yet!

Can you take a screenshot of the Steinberg Library Manager? It looks like you installed the Halion Sonic SE content for Cubase Pro, which includes 1534 presets.

The Cubase AI content should only include the Halion Sonic SE Basic and Halion Sonic SE Artist libraries. The HS SE Artist library will only be available for use if you upgrade to Cubase Elements.

If you’re using an older version of Cubase, you might need to use the HALion Sonic SE 3 activation code that should have been emailed to you for it to function correctly.

I don’t know why the installer is failing to install the Impulse Responses and Halion Resources. These are installed to your system drive (C:\ ).

You can try opening “Programs and Features” and uninstalling any old version of Halion Sonic SE and its content you see (the libraries shouldn’t be here anymore, they’re handled by the Library Manager now). After that, reinstall Halion Sonic SE 3 and install the 1.48 GB content download from the Cubase AI section of the Download Manager.