Halion Sonic SE not found in Cubase 32 bit

I’m having a weird issue, I have Cubase 7.5 64 bit and 32 bit installed on my computer but only the 64 bit version see the Halion SE plugin. The same was happening in Cubase 7.06 but I figured the new version would fix this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all versions of Cubase and Halion Sonic but nothing is working. I even tried putting the Halion DLL in my 32 bit VSTplugins directory but it still won’t load in Cubase 32 bit. I’m using Windows 8.1 64 bit. Anyone else have a problem like this? And yes, I did install the 32 bit version of Halion SE.

Look for the synth in:

“c:\program files\common files\steinberg\shared components\halion sonic SE.dll” (the 64bit path)

This is the path where the synth should be. If you’re missing it, that check up on the installer again. But it won’t work, if you copy the DLL file anywhere else, since it’s a VST3 dll that needs to be in mentioned folder.

Hmm… could be that you need to run the HSSE installer as an administrator. But check to see if the synth is where it should be!

SLL

Thank you, yes it is installed in that directory, that’s where I copied the DLL from and I did install as administrator.

Hi there,

the actual path for the 32-bit version is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\HALion Sonic SE.

Regards

Ups sorry onbeat, Luis - for adding the 64bit path to the synth, my mistake. Should of cause has been the 32bit path, sorry OnBeat, Luis.

SLL

No worries, I was aware where the 32 and 64 bit paths are. About to nuke windows 8.1 and reinstall everything as nothing I have done has worked to fix this issue.

Thank you all for your help

Just an update, Installing windows 8.1 fresh did indeed fix the problem.

Hi there, I have a 32 bit cubase 5 on 64 bit windows. I installed Halion Sonic SE 3 and yeah I can not see it on cubase. Is there 32 bit version of it or any other versions which can work on 32 bit cubase? If not which multi timbral vsti (preferably free) would you recommend?
Thank you so much already