HALion Sound Library Missing/Not Working

I’ve recently stumbled across a big issue that’s bewildering me. I’d really appreciate if somebody could help me fix it.

When I was doing some work in Dorico on an arrangement, I went to mess around with the “Play” settings to change the sound libraries that were being used. I then found that Dorico seemed to think that I didn’t have anything in my HALion library at all. This was particularly strange because it had loaded up the default sound libraries for the instruments when I started my arrangement, and they worked fine. But when I tried to change them, it said there wasn’t anything there. I then fiddled around with it, and ended up with only “First Contact”, unable to get anything else!

After this I thought to delete Dorico and reinstall it, alongside the HALion sound libraries (using the Steinberg Download Assistant and all). This didn’t seem to help, and I’m not sure what to do. I’m running this on Mac OS Sierra, if that impacts responses to my question. It’s possible that I didn’t fully and properly uninstall and reinstall, and if somebody could provide a step-by-step for that, I would greatly appreciate it. I’ve had trouble finding that online.

This is a big problem for me, so if anybody can help I would be very appreciative!

PS: I’ve attached a screenshot of my issue, if it helps illustrate the problem.

Another thing to note is that I have managed to restore the default sounds of my instruments by going to Play > Apply Default Playback Template. This leads me to believe that the sound library is there somewhere. However, the search function within HALion still turns up nothing, insisting that there are no sound libraries to find.

Please stop Dorico, then go to /Users//Library/Preferences/VSTAudioEngine and delete that whole folder.
Then start Dorico and you should see all the HALion presets again.

It worked! Thanks so much for the quick, helpful, and succinct response! Very appreciated, Ulf!

I’m glad I could help you so quickly. :slight_smile:

Ahhhhhh I’ve had this problem for months now! Thanks, it seems to work fine now.