Halion Symphonic in LogicPro?

I am trying to use the Halion Symphonic plugin AU plugin that comes with Dorico…in LogicPro. Its not passing scanning through. What is the secret trick to get this working? if at all…

Sorry, I don’t know, but since you are in the Dorico Forum, you might want to ask this question also in the VST Instrument Sets Forum ( Topics tagged instrument-sets )
Or even better in the Logic Forum.

It scans through OK on mine …

However, there is a problem loading instruments. You can select, but nothing loads.

The problem goes away if you use Halion Sonic SE to load the instruments.

The Logic forum is not the right place, the problem is the plugin itself that is not scanning properly with the auval Au scanner. Nobody on any logic forum will know anything about that. auval is an OSX utility, LogicPro happens to use it.

I am not sure why it scanned ok for David Tee. what version of OSX are you using David?

I’m on 10.14.6. If I remember correctly, that’s Mojave.

I sense there are problems with the Halion Symphonic Orchestra AU. Can you load Halion Sonic SE?

Halion SE does load in LogicPro!

In Studio One the AU version of HalionSE doesn’t even show up, but the VST version does. And the Symphony AU plugin shows up and loads, but has a completely blank UI. Not sure when that passed scanning in the past in S1.

Symphony AU plugin doesn’t pass validation with auval in LogicPro, get the following error:

validating Audio Unit HALion Symphonic Orchestra by Steinberg:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.6.1a1 
    Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'HSO3' - 'Stbg'
Manufacturer String: Steinberg
AudioUnit Name: HALion Symphonic Orchestra
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit:         13.868 ms
WARM:
Time to open AudioUnit:         0.104  ms
FIRST TIME:
FATAL ERROR: Initialize: result: -1

validation result: couldn’t be opened

You should be using HSSE anyway, not the old dedicated HSO plug-in.

Thanks Daniel, I’ll remove it from my system.