Halion symphonic orchestra-Cant find in 7.5 DAW

Hello,
I’ve installed Cubase 7.5, and it came bundled with trial version of Halion Symphonic Orchestra. I’ve installed that too, and I registered trial copy, so its there on my elicenser.

But, when I open my daw and open up instruments, I can,t see it anywhere. Can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong? Even a pointer in the right direction will be helpfull. Its a shame because I’ve heard demo’s of this product and I really like it, but I’m starting to think about looking elsewhere for an orchestral plug in.

Thanks for any advice in advance, and sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong place, but Steinberg land is a very confusing place for a newbie.

HSO is no longer available as a plugin. HSO is now the HALion Symphonic Orchestra VST Sound Instrument Set.

You can use the HSO set in HALion Sonic SE, HALion Sonic, and HALion.

HSSE comes free with Cubase, so this is where you would find the “HSO VST SIS”.

Here is where and how you can find it in HSSE, from Marcus from Steinberg, a couple of years back.

I was able to load my HSO hsb (?) files via import into H5, I did not know anything about the link from Marcus, especially with the “Macro” page having the actual HSO layout.

I have the full HSO, not the “light” version, now I hate to open this can, but I wonder how I can get that Macro page into H5? Much easier than the way I plan to spend 10s of hours actually formatting my old HSO to live inside H5.

I think there needs to be one huge thread with bulletpoints and bold categories, really consolidating everything regarding this, as a favor to those who had invested in HSO, and accepted the fact that we are no longer supported. Even if it were to just combine and re-organize existing threads. I think someone needs to offer the time and help the users out on this, it would be highly appreciated. I want to know every option I have at a glance… part of my investment into H5 was based on my ability to have options as far as maintaining that excellent but unsupported library.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response, i never realized I had replys, was looking at messages in ‘my steinberg’ which showded 0.

I’ll check out that info, and thanks again.