Halion Symphonic Orchestra Trial problems.

Just downloaded HSO trial, extracted the files from the ZIP folder, opened an instrument track (HSO has been added to instruments) but I get a screen saying “files missing…” and the instrument page says “No edit layer page found”. When I got trial versions of Groove Agent 4, Halion 5 and Halion Sonic 2, I had an email from Steinberg with an activation code, but not for HSO (I have tried to download a few more times).

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

You say you extracted the files, but did you run the installer?

Yes. Went to do again and it gave me the option to repair or remove. I opted for repair. Go to open Cubase and before it has loaded I get a screen saying…

Some content could not be loaded. Either licenses are missing or trial licenses have expired.

Halion Symphony Orchestra Factory Presets 01.

Find out more on how to activate your trial licenses permanently, or remove expired licenses.

Shall I delete previous trials? (Groove Agent 4, Halion 5, Halion Sonic 2), should that make a difference?

It sounds like the license for HSO did not get installed on your computer, so this might be a elicenser control center thing. Can you upload a screen shot of the elicenser control center window?

(frankly I’m not sure how that license gets installed, I imagine it happens during the HSO install, and that something went wrong with that)

Can do, but it just lists Cubase 8.5 as normal, there is no mention of HSO in the Elicenser CC. I did not receive a code nor email when I downloaded the trial (though I did when I downloaded - now expired - trials og GA4 and H5), though it is strange that HSO appears in the list of available instruments when I go to open an instrumental track.

P.S. When I go back to the installer, it offers me the chance to modify, repair or remove installation. Making me think it should have been installed…??

It’s the content that’s licensed I think, not the VST.

Rather than having a long back and forth can you upload the screenshot?

Sorry…couldn’t figure how to upload to this forum, but is on this link.

[eLicenser Control Center picture removed]

For good measure install the latest version of the elc:

And run the Maintenance routine in the elc.

Then, I would suggest uninstalling HSO via Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and reinstalling with the Steinberg installer.

Thank you, I just closed all my windows and a FULL HSO installation page came up giving me the option to reinstall, it is currently doing that, fingers crossed I will get it up and running!! Thanks for your help.

Same result though, still can’t get it. Possibly need an activation code, hoping someone else who tried out the trial version would read…

DOES IT GIVE THE OPTION T INSTALL FOR ALL USERS? I HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE MANY TIMES… WITH ALL CONTENT… FULLY UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL MAKING SURE TO INSTALL FOR ALL USERS…

@teknatronik Please don’t shout, we can hear you. (you can edit your post with the ‘edit’ button)

nikhollis I think the HSO trial doesn’t need an activation code, there are certain installations that automatically download the license to the elc. It would go to the Sel license, the lower one in the elc.

Anyway, have you tried what I suggested?

In any case, if you activated the HSO demo before, (and never got around to using it?) the system won’t let you do another.

nikhollis,

In my case, at early stage of installation there was a question: “Do you want to install FULL or TRIAL version?” I answered - “trial” and I have no problem with license. In license manager immediately appears “HSO” as a license stored on hard disk, called “Trial”, and with expire date (1 month from installation).