Halion symphonic orchestra VST

Hi guys …today i had some problem with halion symphonic orchestra
I cant change the instruments and when i sellect one instrument i have this error (loading program faild)
What should i do :((( plz help me

Hi @Arian1,

a)
is your license for HSO accessible to HALion, HALion Sonic (SE) respectively also in the DAW you are using? Are you using Cubase, Dorico or which software?

b)
Did you already check if in Steinberg Library Manager under the entry of the HALion Symphonic Orchestra all the 27 associated *.vstsound files were registered correctly?

If not, you can look into the files’ folder path and check if they’re still physically there, then use the remove button to Unregister (but don’t use “move to trash”) the whole HALion instrument.
Then return to the folder containing those 27 files and double click one of the *.vstsound container files and choose Register in Place.

This is what things should look like in Steinberg Library Manager when everything works:

(1) Registrations in Steinberg Library Manager: HSO:

(2) Unregister instrument:
HSO-Library-Manager-Registrations-Deregistration

(3) Re-register instrument (“Register in Place”):
HSO-Library-Manager-Registrations-Re-registration

(4) Here’s a list of all the 27 file names:

FCP_SMT_001_HSO_Bass_Clarinet_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_002_HSO_Bassoon_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_003_HSO_Clarinet_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_004_HSO_Double_Bass_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_HSO_Double_Bass_Tutti.vstsound

FCP_SMT_006_HSO_English_Horn_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_007_HSO_Flute_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_008_HSO_Horn_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_009_HSO_Horns_Tutti.vstsound
FCP_SMT_010_HSO_Oboe_Solo.vstsound

FCP_SMT_011_HSO_Percussion_Metal.vstsound
FCP_SMT_012_HSO_Percussion_Pitched.vstsound
FCP_SMT_013_HSO_Percussion_Skinned.vstsound
FCP_SMT_014_HSO_Percussion_Wood.vstsound
FCP_SMT_015_HSO_Piccolo_Solo.vstsound

FCP_SMT_016_HSO_Trombone_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_017_HSO_Trombones_Tutti.vstsound
FCP_SMT_018_HSO_Trumpet_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_019_HSO_Trumpets_Tutti.vstsound
FCP_SMT_020_HSO_Tuba_Solo.vstsound

FCP_SMT_021_HSO_Viola_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_022_HSO_Violas_Tutti.vstsound
FCP_SMT_023_HSO_Violin_Solo.vstsound
FCP_SMT_024_HSO_Violins_Tutti.vstsound
FCP_SMT_025_HSO_Violoncello_Solo.vstsound

FCP_SMT_026_HSO_Violoncellos_Tutti.vstsound
FCP_SMT_027_HSO_Presets_01.vstsound

(5) If you work in Cubase:
if applicable, please also check the Media Bay and if HSO is “on”:

Cheers,
Markus

(Cubase)Thank you for ur awnser
My friend i have in media bay and they work but when i use adding instrument and select one instrument i cant choose any one
And in steinberg library when i want remov i have just move to trash i dont have unregister

1 Like

The plug-in version of Halion Symphonic Orchestra is no longer supported, and may not be compatible with the current library. Please uninstall the HSO plug-in and load the library using Halion Sonic SE instead.

2 Likes

Hi @Romantique_Tp,

not sure, since I can load HSO as a single instrument (in Cubase Pro 12.0.50, Windows 10) without any problems - as long as I use my USB eLicenser.

Some Background:
since I also use Dorico Pro, I’d initially thought that its bundled HSO license might even work in Cubase, but it doesn’t. (“wrong bundle, false hope?”)

When loading HSO as an instrument in Cubase without my USB eLicenser (contains a single license for HSO, as well as the Absolute 5 product group license), I got the usual “no license found” error and Activation Manager opened up with the same information: “no license”. By using the dongle again, I could open HSO as an instrument in the same running instance of Cubase (no program restart or plug-ins refresh needed).

*[On a side note: I think I can remember that Dark Planet, Hypnotic Dance and Triebwerk only worked as single instruments in Cubase 11 after updating their packages from 1.0 to 1.1 (via Support → Download → Software. Before, I could only load their .vstsound content in HALion.]

Best,
Markus

Hi @Arian1,

this looks promising. Could you load them in HALion Sonic (SE)?

Please look again: the path to all the physical file containers (all 27) MUST be registered correctly (at their given file path). You could also try to move all 27 files to a manually created folder just to make sure the files are really there. If not, you’d have to re-download the whole HSO instrument and content from Steinberg.

Too bad that I don’t use a Mac, so I can only tell you what I’d do in Windows.

Best,
Markus

Update:
direct download link to the standalone plugin installer version 1.5, both for Mac and Windows.
Please note that the Mac OS X version is only available in 32bit.

HALion Symphonic Orchestra | Steinberg