Hangs during initializing after I changed my VST drive name

Sorry! This problem is truly frustrating because it is setting me back 2 days behind on a project.

I recently changed my VST drive names and updated the vst plugin manager to search for those locations. It made a mess of things and I have since switched back to the original name, and everything works again except cubase’s start-up. I have to force quit every time it starts (except in the safe start mode) and it hangs at initializing: and blank. Nothing is listed. Any hint as to what I can do to help it along?

Processing: Sample of Cubase.txt…
Sample of Cubase.zip (131.8 KB)

Hi,

Do I understand you right, it doesn’t hang when you go to the Safe Start Mode (probably you disable the preferences…)? If this is working then I would recommend to delete the preferences folder.

It works only if I deactivate all 3rd party plug-ins. I’ve isolated my problem to a specific plugin, Engine from Best Service. It is the only plugin I cannot load up after re-scanning for the VST after safe mode.
Does anyone have any idea how I can re-connect Engine with Cubase?

You could try jBridge wrapper.

what is that? I tried looking it up and it says for windows. I have Mac

SOrry. I’m on Windows. Jbridge is a VST wrapper. It’s used mainly to run 32 bit plugins in a 64 bit environment, but it can also help with other issues sometimes.
Maybe do a search on “VST wrapper Mac OS” and see what you come up with.

ah ok, thanks, I think Engine is 64 bit so it shouldn’t be a problem, what do you think?

Like I said, sometimes a wrapper can fix other problems. It’s worth a try if you can find a free one (or at least very cheap).

ok I will look into that. meanwhile here’s a spindumpSpindump.zip (422.9 KB)
if anyone can take a look at it?

I deleted my preferences also, is there a way to get it all back? Or do I have to start fresh?

Hi,

If you didn’t make a backup of the folder, there is no way, to get them back, sorry.