Hard Crash Cubase Pro 11.0.20 with Izotope Ozone 9 Elements

Dear Cubase Community and Steinberg Support

Cubase Pro 11.0.20 crashes hard with the below simple steps (macOS 10.15.7 Catalina)

• Create new project (24bit, 44.1 kHz)
  • Add one stereo audio track
  • Add Izotope Ozone 9 Elements (9.1.0.1530OSX64.Intel.VST3) as first Insert, open Ozone’s plugin UI
  • Click on the “undo history” button top right of UI (small “clock” with counter-clockwise arrow) (a history window opens)
  • Hit ESC key on keyboard
  • Cubase Pro 11.0.20 vanishes…

Thanks to anyone from the community who has a few minutes of time to briefly test this and confirm?

And an equally big thanks to Steinberg if you see this message and could reproduce and briefly confirm here. Your work and support is highly appreciated!

With kind regards and stay safe,
hypercube

Hi. I’m on Cubase Pro 11.0.20 also, but on Windows. I just noticed in your file version for Ozone that OSX is part of the name, so I assume you’re on a Mac?
Another variable is that I have Ozone Advanced, but do have version 9 (9.1.0.1530, VST3).
When I hit Esc, nothing happens.

Hi SF_Green

Thank you for your response, highly appreciated!

Yes, I’m on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina.

Did you open the “undo history” window in Ozone (button on top right in UI), before hitting Esc?

In any case thank you for making the effort of checking, and of course glad to hear that your Cubase doesn’t crash!

All the best

1 Like

Yes, I opened the history and hit Esc. Nothing happened.

Hi SF_Green, thanks again for checking, Good to know that it works for you on Windows.

I’ve submitted an issue report to Steinberg, hope to receive an answer/confirmation at some point.

If there’s anybody in the community who can check on macOS as well, that would be great :slight_smile:

All the best to you

1 Like