Harp Notation Bisbigliando

how can i notate this in dorico 3?
harp bisbigliando.PNG

Dear Medow1,
Welcome to the forum !
You can use two-note tremolos to write this. On the top staff, input the first chord of low notes as a quarter note, then the second chord. Select the first chord and press m. This will create cross staff notes, but both chords are still upstem voice 1 of top staff (probably). Select both chords, invoke repeats popover (shift-r), write 32 and enter. That’s it. Use f if you need to flip a chord. Bisbigliando can be input as text object (shift x) or you can create a text playing technique for it (so that you can use it again in this project, and if you need that in other projects, save it as default.)
Hope this helps !

1 Like

thak you, that was really helpful. i fixed the problem :slight_smile:

I even imported an XML file into Dorico and the bisbigliando (2-note chords but on the same staff) came in nicely. Just a couple of observations: the tremolo cannot be edited (no big deal!) and the playback is wrong since an harpist won’t play the tremolo as a pianist but with a fast succession of single notes. Maybe Dorico will learn how to do it, who knows.

Thank you for that trick.
I have a question though. I wanted to make the bisbigliando slower because it is way to fast so I tried to enter 16 instead of 32 but it doesn’t work. I thought that 32 meant 32nd notes but that might not be the case. Thank you!

(It’s not a trick - it’s the correct way to produce this notation)

Conventionally a 32nd tremolo mark is considered unmeasured (and will trigger unmeasured playback samples). So by default your setting will be playing back unmeasured - ie very fast. You can change this by setting Playback options>Timing>Tremolos to a higher (or lower) number.

Change it to 4 and your 32nd tremolo will playback at the correct speed.

Welcome to the forum.