Has anyone tested cubase on Mac OS Big Sur?

I have the same problem. Graphical errors and when I put the beat on the track the whole screen goes white until I drop the beat on the track. Then the picture returns to normal.

1 Like

I have an iMac where I continue using everything like it was ! I have installed Big Sur on my MacBook pro. The dongle works fine ! no problem ! Cubase 11 works fine ! Wavelab 10 also works fine ! Butā€¦ noway to make UR44 and UR22 mark II work ! drivers are not yet ready. Some plugins donĀ“t work.
ThatĀ“s all I can say for the moment. I would wait until Steinberg releases lots of updates. Coming back to the dongle, I think Steinberg, soon or late will have to leave that !

Same here guys, but apart from the graphics issues seems to be running well, mac mini 2018 i7 16gb ram, cubase 11

I was stupid enough to upgraded to Big Sur and lost sounds so I put it back to Catalina but
the problem of no sounds from loops and samples, which could be due to the way I put it back to Catalina. Now wondering which way to do to upgrade to 11 or to install the whole 11.
Can someone help me?

Is this with plugins too. There seems to be gfx issues with steinberg plugins ?

ARA doesnā€™t work on Big Sur

Is that the only thing ? I can live without that for the short term

Some graphics glitches on retrologe. Hofa plugin crashing Nuendo when adding to insert.

Thanks. So only ARA and retrologue issues for cubase 11?

Been running Cubase 11 on Big Sur version 11.1 for a couple days now. Melodyne via ARA works fine for me. Everything seems to be running smoothly so far aside from graphical glitches in Groove Agent and Retrologue. I rarely use those so itā€™s not a big issue for me.

Yes I upgraded and found the exact same. And many other annoyances that I had previously like spinning beach balls have now gone. Seems finally stable overall.

I made the mistake of updating from El Capitan 10.11 to Big Sur 11.1 and my Cubase 8.5 Artist no longer works. The error report reads that the error will be sent to Apple automatically. Guess itā€™s time to upgrade to Cubase Pro 11!

Iā€™m getting these exact issues. Cubase 9.5 Pro on Big Sur. You figured out a fix at all yet?

Welcome to the forum, @Levon_Lock

Unfortunately, it doesnā€™t look like Cubase 9.5 is supported for MacOS 11.

I made the stupid mistake of updating to Big Sur and now my Cubase Artist 8.5 is not working nor did the 8.5.30 update help since the update was posted in 2017.

I downloaded the full Cubase 11 Pro trial and sure enough, it worked great. I also like the audio export features in 11 so Iā€™m going to purchase the 11 upgrade.

1 Like