Have LE 4 .. need LE 5?

I have the LE 4 version that came with my Presonus AudioBox USB but since I have upgraded to Windows 7 64bit LE 4 no longer functions. Is there a quick way to get LE 5? I am working on a project and really don’t want to have to wipe my OS back to XP pro. And of course learning a new DAW “on the fly” is out of the question. I hope. I have emailed the local dealer but who knows how long that will take to get a copy.

I have installed all of the latest updates to LE 4, HALion, and ELicense software. Still crashes and can’t find VST plugins.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie: My advice is get Cubase 6. It’s so much better than Cubase Le4 or Le5.
If a person knows how to use Cubase Le4 a step up to Cubase 6 is fairly easy.
Plus it works great with Windows 7 64 bit :bulb:

Ps: All of my Cubase Le4 projects opened right up in Cubase 6

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Donnie: Cubase Le4 works just fine in my computer and I have Windows 7 64 bit.

Hmmmmm :confused:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

LE4 is working on my Win7 64 system. If you’re getting crashes did you try deleting preferences?

To do this, close Cubase, go to Start menu>All Programs>Cubase, Cubase Application Data Folder. In the top address bar look for “App Data (Roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash all of the folders that you see in the application data folder. This will trash your key commands, preferences, interface settings. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).

Thanks for the help. I have tried everything. Still getting the same error.

“HALionOne: Cannot Find or Load Preset “Rock Drum Kit”!”

The Halion content is for the full versions. This could be your issue. Un-install it and trash Prefs.

The biggest issue now is the crashing. I may download the XP VM from Microsoft and see if that helps.